Author Topic: inactive members  (Read 2974 times)

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: inactive members
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
There are exceptions to that.  While I have not counted comments or looked at views I think Wolfy's Nebraska is a great series, Woodsrunner's videos and BeartheDog's and his friend's photo essays are widely viewed and appreciated.   So are Asemery's knot tying masterpieces.  There are several others that are great like those about overnighters, hikes, and how to make stuff.  I like Nukes posts about the stuff he builds like the chicken coop and the tent project.  Photos make any post more appealing to me.  When you posted about those strange trees awhile back it wouldn't have been as good without the photos. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »
Can't say that I post to see how many people view it or comment on it.  I share pictures and videos for the enjoyment of it.  If others like them, regardless of how many I'm happy that I was able to share something that they enjoyed.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2017, 05:02:34 PM »
Apparently my point was missed.

& thus..No need to post more,eh?

ETA: I should "clarify" a bit perhaps for those who don't/may not see the point.

Stan, Yes. there are exceptions. Check out the frequency of those posts. Some of the folks ya mention haven't been as active either in such things, or commenting on posts other than their own.
 ;)

Crash, You help make my point in a way. I do not need any kudos for the efforts. That was Not the point. The things I do are only important to me, & my family/friends. To take the time to edit if needed & share then upload to PB so that folks on this or any other forum/place, is more of a hassle. I can distribute what I choose to share with my F&F in a few clicks, by phone/email/FB/etc. , No sweat.
with a forum I have to jump the hurdles & do much more.
Which, if it seems to not be worth doing, makes the motivation go away.

In my the post earlier , I was "trying" to point out that it is EASY to make a comment, as it is not like the effort to make a trip report, post up the pics, etc.

Just a "comment" in a topic, is "Easy Street"... Yet it doesn't happen as ya might think...
Thus the topic we are in.. Why?

So, like i said..

It appears the point was missed.

Happens to me all too often. I can think faster than I can put things into words. Those of you with a different "frequency" & are either running faster or slower than I, will just have to deal with it, as I am tired of typing already.

Have a Great Memorial Day! Remember those who have fallen please.

Cya
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:23:40 PM by MnSportsman »
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
I try to check in at least weekly. Been busy the past months with 6-7 day work weeks, a recent move, and most important of all Nature Girl's been having some health issues. Just haven't had the time for us to get some good, lengthy woods time.

Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline hiwa

• Whetstone +
  • Alberta Bushcrafter
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2017, 08:21:36 PM »
Hi guys. I haven't posted in a while either , but do read time to time.
Too much work and personal issues going on.
I seriously need to get some bush time in soon. I even considered quitting my job to do that and take care of things away from work also. I may still go that route if the boss doesn't let me have time off that I desperately need.
You folks are a great bunch , that's for sure.
 :)
Pete

Offline Reallybigmonkey1

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Mill File+
  • Have machete, will travel
    • Fun In The Woods
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
I was never very active on any forum  due to most all my free time being taken by YouTube.  If a person isn't careful,  that can turn into a part time job. I joined this forum because it seemed like the most friendly forum out there and intended on posting often.  The sad reality is you don't post for a few days,  then weeks,  then months,  then it turns into years before you know it. I have always lurked here but just been to lazy /busy to post a lot.  :-\
Sleeping in a tree is better than sleeping with bugs.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »
Now, that you recognize the problem you know how to correct it! 8)
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »
I was never very active on any forum  due to most all my free time being taken by YouTube.  If a person isn't careful,  that can turn into a part time job. I joined this forum because it seemed like the most friendly forum out there and intended on posting often.  The sad reality is you don't post for a few days,  then weeks,  then months,  then it turns into years before you know it. I have always lurked here but just been to lazy /busy to post a lot.  :-\

Love your U-tube videos,  keep up the good work, but do stop in once in a while,  we can use all the conversation we can get.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline Reallybigmonkey1

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Mill File+
  • Have machete, will travel
    • Fun In The Woods
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2017, 05:22:33 PM »
Thanks brother.  I'll try to make it a habit to visit every time I work second shift.  Oh, and off the clock of course. LOL
Sleeping in a tree is better than sleeping with bugs.

Offline flatlander88

• Whetstone +
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2017, 09:10:55 AM »
I know for me it's a multi dimensional problem. I would like to be more active but work and family keeps me busy. Also, I am more partial to seeing and posting trips rather than too much discussion. I like to be out more so than be online. Just got back from a crawfish trapping trip in Colorado. Ton of pics and hopefully a video to come. Then lies the problem. I got back Monday and haven't had time to upload or make the video but yet I sit here wondering where and/or what would be fun to do this weekend...🙄

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2017, 11:14:24 AM »

Looks like JB has gone missing, it's been almost a month since he's logged on ?
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
Just pick one of his posts and violently disagree with it.  I'll bet he'll show up right away! :shrug: :lol:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
lol
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
Busy people have to make an effort to stop in  and post cool stuff for all to enjoy......

Be thankful that many members do just that......

But remember there is life out there beyond the forum.....LOL...and some things get left behind
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much

Offline SIXFOOTER

• Whetstone +
  • Wandering Smartass
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »
I am still around, life changed, not in my own space working from laptop all the time
But, still here, waiting for the heat to break so I can hang with my brothers in here again.
Making plans, more changes coming, be in my own space again soon, man cave and all
Ive never posted just to see what kind of comment or approval I could get, I post because I think something is interesting, and sometimes to be a smart ass
Maker of all things Archaic, Hoarder of Gear and Fluent speaker of BS
Sixfooter got bit by a snake like that once, then after 4 agonizing days... The snake finally died....

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2017, 04:23:31 AM »
You?  Smartass?  No way! 

Offline upnorth

• Whetstone +
  • Working on my feather sticks
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2017, 06:54:55 PM »
Or, they may all be saving up for a better pair of chest waders.

I don't know what the inside is on that one, but it kind of hits home for me, lol. Some folks, like myself,  engage in multiple outdoor activities, which may or may not be seasonal, or are prioritized until rotated out for a few years. I tend to rotate through motorcycling, fishing, metal detecting, farting around outside with my cutting tools, whatever. I sold the bike but got deeper into metal detecting. I started water detecting, found gold/silver rings, a nice gold chain etc. So in come the chest waders, which I believe that I wore maybe three times, lol ! So, although some of us may not show up much, the interest is still there. I'm just not as obsessive about some of this stuff like I used to be.  I like to come back to special interest forums such as this to read comments from folks more knowledgeable than myself, so I don't burn myself out in the middle of the night, or chop my fingers off.
 :)