Author Topic: Civivi Rustic Gent  (Read 298 times)

Offline Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
Civivi Rustic Gent
« on: November 03, 2021, 08:08:48 PM »
I cannot remember the last time I bought a folder ? well, besides a $12 Opinel. I saw this one a while back. Really liked the profile. Classic looking pocket knife. I know? I know it is Chinese. A friend showed me one, then I looked at them online a dozen times, and finally bought one. It is very smooth and has a solid lock-up. While I am no Civivi expert, I believe this one is no longer made but you can still find them new. This one was $75 on EBay. The newer model is a liner lock called the Appalachian Drifter.

"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
Re: Civivi Rustic Gent
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 09:07:05 PM »
That is a nice looking folder and the scale treatment looks great.  I have thought about getting their Elementum which is about the same size as your Rustic Gent and has a drop point instead of the clip point and is a liner lock.  D2 and micarta scales.  I like the grind on the blade and the size but am still thinking about it. 

At my age I am selling knives but every time I sell two I buy one.  At least I am making progress.  :P

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 03:59:23 PM »
I am not familiar with the Civivi knives, but I am a big fan of Great Eastern
https://www.greateasterncutlery.com/

Offline madmaxine

• Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 04:49:30 PM »
Get thee behind me satan.  I've gone way over budget in the toy department... and the appliance department...  and the radio equipment. department.. and the... well you get the picture.  I've managed to avoid SMKW's for 2 summers  (including  the Coleman outlets, Lodge outlets, and Bud's gun shop.).  I gotta slow down.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 04:56:49 PM »
I recently picked up a custom folder.  JH Lloyd knife.  I had been looking for a "special" knife for some time and grew weary of the waitlists or "not taking new orders"  I ran into.  Got this one on line, not new but never used from a dealer.  It is a slipjoint.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)