Author Topic: Meat Rabbits  (Read 542 times)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Meat Rabbits
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »
I'd like to bring this topic back up since I'm going to be getting 1 NZ buck and 2 California white does.  I"ve been working hard at a cage I was given many years ago.  Its 12 foot long and had three four by three foot cages. I cut the four foot down to two foot.  And now I'm trying to find a carpenter gene in me to figure out how to make wooden nest boxes that will attach to the back of this long cage.  I have it up on saw horses for this winter with the plan of 20 straw bales stacked around it for wind protection.  Or if some handy dandy shows up and builds me a lean too type shed I have all the supplies for, I'll have a better set up.

I'd love to be able to ask more questions here with other Rabbit growers.  :)   

Jump in and let me know who  you are again... please?  :)

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: Meat Rabbits
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:15:02 AM »
Swamphanger should weigh in soon.  He's got big fat rabbits that make yummy sausage.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
Re: Meat Rabbits
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »
That's who it was that shared a picture of his set up awhile back.  *nodding*  Thanks Max.  I do hope he is willing to answer some questions. :)    I think OP raised or raises rabbits too?

Rabbit sausage sounds good.  I just read someone makes jalepeno sausage links with rabbit meat on another site.  Smoked them in the smoker.  That got my interest too. :)

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.