Author Topic: Help with knife I'D please  (Read 735 times)

Offline DomC

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone
Help with knife I'D please
« on: October 31, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »
Happy Halloween to you blade enthusiasts...Don't know if this is the place to post this but here goes anyway......

The year is 2000. I was walking in the mall and went to my favorite store, "The Cutlery Store" and bought this folder. It is a Benchmade Mel Pardue Tanto folder, First Production #733/1000. It's made of ATS-34 steel and has the patented Axis locking system (Patent#5737841). The store went out of business a few years later BTW.

The documation papers and box were lost in the sands of time. I believe the price was $199 w/tax. The knife has been sharpened (honed) a few times and is very sharp as the feather sticks can attest. I'm a bushcrafter by nature but when I bought the knife it was on a whim 'cause I thought it looked cool and the locking system was the newest and coolest I had seen.

It kept my interest for a year or so and I carried it daily as a box opener at work. Interest waned and it's been stored since '01, basically neglected until just recently. I basically want more info/history about this unique folder. I've been on the BM website but couldn't find any pertinent info. Anybody know about this knife? Here are some pics of the knife:

[

Any help in this is highly anticipated and I'm thankful.
Best regards,

DomC

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

God is enough, let go, let God. (Gal 2:20,21)
A knifeless man is a lifeless man. (Nordic proverb).

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
Re: Help with knife I'D please
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »