Author Topic: Archery season Florida  (Read 1071 times)

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
Archery season Florida
« on: November 09, 2014, 09:53:37 AM »
Wondering if anyone has done any good yet? My season has been fun but nothing on the ground yet. Seen turkey almost everytime I've been out. Missed a sow on a morning hunt Friday. The wind picked up and we decided to use that to our advantage and got out of the stands to walk a new spot. We weren't seeing any sign and just had stepped into a pine flat with no cover to hide behind and of course out comes a pack of hogs. Nothing to do but take a shot before we got busted. I let that arrow fly and I watched what looked to be a great shot. Then the reality of switching to a recurve from a compound happend. GRAVITY! It dropped right below her between the legs. Lol. I paced it at 37yds which is a little father than I'm used to. My friend missed his as well with a compound cause he used the wrong pin. I didn't feel as bad. I knew getting into trad gear was gonna be a learning curve but it still made for a great mornin. On the plus side I didn't have to drag her forever through the swamp back to the jeep. Next weekend will be a new adventure and I hope this full moon and fronts will give us a break on the weather end.

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
Re: Archery season Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:13:40 AM »
Had a hog laying near the tree I had decided to use for my stand Friday morning. Always a wake up call when they spring to life in the dark so near ya. Lol about as bad as an owl lighting out a tree at head level in the dark.