Author Topic: Touring SUP  (Read 1525 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Touring SUP
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
JIC somebody doesn't know, an SUP is a stand up paddleboard.  My newest is a tourer.  14'X31'. 210L.  Big board.  I've loaded Max and 30 lbs of gear on it and it paddled fine.  I'll put up some pics of my next overnight on it next week sometime.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
Re: Touring SUP
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:03:51 PM »
looking out of my window at the Miami condo, I can see folks on these large SUPs on Biscayne Bay.  There are several places near me to put in, and they are getting more popular.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 02:35:54 PM »
I was thinking this trip this week and next week the big SUP.  But we need a little more wiggle room on capacity and extraction.  JIC.  Bringing a Big canoe and she has lotsa decades of practice.   ;)

The paddles are long.  I will definitely bring the big one to Buck Lake and you can experiment.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
BTW.  An atta boy from me to gittin' out there. 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 06:20:36 PM »
I sure hope yer not going to do this buck naked and put up a video like Susannewilliams did :shocked:.... :lol:...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:31 AM »
I sure hope yer not going to do this buck naked and put up a video like Susannewilliams did :shocked:.... :lol:...woods

Nobody wants to see me naked... I'm pushing boundaries without a shirt on.
Hunter S, Thompson