Author Topic: Marttiini 161 knife (Puukko)  (Read 2309 times)

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
Marttiini 161 knife (Puukko)
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »
Here's a closer look at what I think is a great knife.  It's made in Finland and some of you have probably owned a Marttiini knife in the form of a Rapala but the company makes other knives as well that are a very good bargain.

This is a puukko style blade and has very comfortable handle.  These can be found online between $25-$30.  A little more than a Mora but I think the better sheath and the better looks make it worth it.  So this is more for someone maybe wanting a stainless blade rather than carbon or if you have a Mora and want something a little different this would be a good choice. 

Specs:

OAL is 8 7/8
Blade is 4 1/4
Weight is about 4 oz. (With sheath)
Steel is Inox Stainless Steel (similar RC to 420) with a scandi grind
Birch handle

It does have a finger guard and a little jimping that I like

Here it compared to a RAT RC-4 (ESEE 4)

I really like the sheath.  It has a plastic insert and a dangler.  This thing is lite and carries so easy I catch myself looking down for it to make sure it's still there. 

Well there it is folks,  Just wanted to share a little more on this knife since there's not much out there on it.  I've used this knife for awhile now and am very pleased with it for an all-round bushknife at a good price.
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline kanukkarhu

• Diamond Stone
  • Canadian Woods Loafer & Certified Nobody
Re: Marttiini 161 knife (Puukko)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
Nice!  My son has one with the black synthetic handle, but yours looks ten times nicer.  Great deal, man!
What if you woke up today, with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?