Author Topic: Free knives for kids!  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Alnamvet68

• Mill File+
Free knives for kids!
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »
Here is the link. https://www.knivesshipfree.com/knives-for-kids/  Now, bear in mind this is for kids, so don't go hogwild using every one of your relative's addresses to get them.  KnivesShipFree is another awesome knife dealer I cannot recommend enough. :)
If you can read this, thank a teacher; if it's in English, thank a soldier.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
Re: Free knives for kids!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »
  Very nice that ya shared that!
:thumbsup:

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »
Very nice indeed Alnamvet68 :cheers:  Grandson Sid will be getting his First Knife... shhhh but don't tell his Mom yet,  8)

The shipping was only $10 to Canada, which is very reasonable, thanks again... that looks like a good Knife site, as well.
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
Very cool indeed! Don't see much of this kind of generosity anymore. Big :thumbsup: to KSF  8)
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 02:57:41 PM »
I balked at first at giving kids knives for free on the internet.  Looks like responsible generosity though.  Kudos.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline Gingerman

• Mill File
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
Can't give anyone a free knife. They've got to be paid for. Otherwise that person will cut themselves. Any gift knife, has to be paid for with a silver coin.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
Can't give anyone a free knife. They've got to be paid for. Otherwise that person will cut themselves. Any gift knife, has to be paid for with a silver coin.

I remember that tradition. Not sure how many know of it.
:)

Same with a wallet. So, they are never "broke.
;)

It is still a great gesture for the folks at the website to do.
:thumbsup:

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 01:16:46 PM »
Always knew about the knife/coin deal, but that's the first time I ever heard about the wallet requirement. :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
Always knew about the knife/coin deal, but that's the first time I ever heard about the wallet requirement. :shrug:

Maybe the wallet with some money is just a family thing, or just not as common a tradition? I don't know about other folks,, but every time I have received a wallet as a gift over the years, there was always a bill, or some coin in it.
:shrug:

Guess I was just lucky that tradition was in "my" circle of family & friends, eh?

It sure is a nice gesture, regardless, I think.

So, is giving a knife to a kid, or anyone else, for that matter. LOL
;)

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 03:17:53 PM »
Thanks for that link. I ordered one for my nephew. I'm sure he'll love it. Very cool gesture on behalf of KSF.

While on that site, I did notice a Bark River Canadian Camp Knife II that looks pretty sweet.

http://www.knivesshipfree.com/canadian-camp-knife-ii/?sort=alphaasc

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 08:45:22 PM »
It was my understanding that you have to give the silver coin, lest the knife cut the friendship. But hey, at least some people here know what I am talking about lol!
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
I received an email today from Derrick, the owner of Knives Ship Free. He said there was a much greater run on the free knives than they expected, unfortunately the greed in many people got the better of them and many people ordered multiple knives and some 20,30 and even 50 knives.

He said that they decided to scrap the multiple orders where they felt people were strictly taking advantage of the offer, if you ordered a single knife your order should be safe.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »
I received that email also. Such a shame that people would take advantage of someone who is looking to introduce knives to kids.

I was surprised to receive the knife I ordered for my nephew today. It's a nice knife that has my nephews name engraved on the blade. I'll be giving it to him tomorrow.

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 03:16:37 PM »
I received that email also. Such a shame that people would take advantage of someone who is looking to introduce knives to kids.

I was surprised to receive the knife I ordered for my nephew today. It's a nice knife that has my nephews name engraved on the blade. I'll be giving it to him tomorrow.

Holy smokes that was fast shipping, I hope your nephew enjoys the knife... very cool of you Uncle Yak  :cheers: