Author Topic: Thanks Beast  (Read 1411 times)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
Thanks Beast
« on: February 25, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
When I got home I had a package with 6 lbs of paracord and a bivy sack.  Thanks Beast!  I now have enough paracord for some projects and can "dirt bag" it in style.  Not sure on the availability, but the bivy sacks are a heck of a deal.

Offline Wilderbeast

• Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Re: Thanks Beast
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 02:25:03 PM »
You are most welcome Crash.

Looking forward to seeing some of your cord projects.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »
Yeah, he's too good of a nice guy...  Seriously.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline upthecreek

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Global Moderator
  • Diamond Stone
  • Friction Fire Fellowship & River Rat
    • my youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 04:18:14 PM »
He's something isn't he  :stir: Honestly Beast has helped outfit me with a generosity that one doesn't find nowadays. We share lots of laughs, info if we have it, good times outdoors, wisdom if we possess any. What I enjoy most is he can dish it out and take it. We do not agree on all things but he disagreeable in a good way.  :rofl: I think we're all better off with him among us.

Creek
Axes Rock!

Offline BigHat

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
  • hobo-crafter
    • BigHat Youtube
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:37:53 PM »
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how good the beast has been to me. I'd make a list, but typing on a tablet sucks. Lets just say he's very generous as a surplus dealer. He's also a hell of a guy to hang out with.
"you're doing it wrong!"  -everyone
"Doesn't matter what knife you're good with, if you're good with a knife." -Yeoman

Offline diogenes

• Charred Cloth Challenge
  • Water Stone
  • Winding down.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »
I got one of those from Wilderbeast a little over a year ago. I've been very happy with it, though I should use it more than I do.

"Go away," Chuang Tzu said. "I'm dragging my tail in the mud."

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »
Mike is a "good egg".
:thumbsup:
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)