Author Topic: Kracaneuners Buck Lake Outing (Spring 2015)  (Read 5386 times)

Offline acara

• Water Stone
  • Captain of the Blue Pig
Kracaneuners Buck Lake Outing (Spring 2015)
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:14:05 PM »
This spot reserved for 2015 Kracanueners Buck Lake Event, April 2015 ..... Meet me under the Pee-Pee Tree & I'll tell ya all about it !!!

Meet me under the pee-pee-tree

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Kracaneuners Buck Lake Outing (Spring 2015)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
TOO CUTE! :cheers:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »
The little man was so good in the group.

Dad forgot to turn that damn germanater off on his trailer... all night long...
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 01:33:50 PM »
Good times this weekend, hanging out with good friends, meeting new guys, great food, a little archery shooting, lots of woodcarving, blades broke, again  :shrug:
My track record is not good.
Great trade blanket, some great scores, Photo's soon.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:37 PM »
I might have been a little hard on Curt.  He adds tons of personality to the camp.  I figger he can handle a little jabbin'. :)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline SamD

• Mill File+
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 02:10:36 PM »
OK, here and registered.
Enjoyed meeting ya'll that came out.

A blue plastic cup and small white cutting board were left behind, I have them let me know if they are yours and we will get it taken care of.

SamD
U.S. Army Paratrooper, DAV (life member), American Legion (life member), NMLRA (1 of 1000 member) & (life Member), NRA (life member)
"BY THE RUDE BRIDGE THAT ARCHED THE FLOOD. THEIR FLAG TO APRILS BREEZE UNFURLED. HERE ONCE THE EMBATTLED FARMERS STOOD. AND FIRED THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD!"

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 02:18:46 PM »
The blue cup is mine.  If it's something you can use, please keep and use it.  If not - bring it to the next camp.

Here are some more pictures of the trip.

http://bladesandbushlore.com/index.php?topic=11052.new#new

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 02:40:31 PM »
This spot reserved for 2015 Kracanueners Buck Lake Event, April 2015 ..... Meet me under the Pee-Pee Tree & I'll tell ya all about it !!!

HEY! STINKER!
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 04:53:48 PM »
I might have been a little hard on Curt.  He adds tons of personality to the camp.  I figger he can handle a little jabbin'. :)

Still chuckling about getting up pissed-off at 2am & putting my boots on to go at whatever idiot had a generator running at that hour ..... and then realizing "that idiot" was me.

I blame the exhaustion & the meds ..LOL

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 04:56:16 PM »

HEY! STINKER!

Oh the stories he was telling everyone about you around the Easter dinner table today .... lol

And BTW, so-far-so-good ..... he's eyeballed a few trees since we've gotten back, but all potty-breaks since we got back have been taken indoors..... so far  :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:18:04 PM by acara »

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
OK, here and registered.
Enjoyed meeting ya'll that came out.

A blue plastic cup and small white cutting board were left behind, I have them let me know if they are yours and we will get it taken care of.

SamD

Cutting board was probably mine from making lunch ... ..keep it and enjoy

Offline acara

• Water Stone

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 05:51:48 PM »
y'all should have seen the gleam in Connor's eyes.  He had asked his dad what the rules were.  When Curt said 'there are no rules at a krackenauer camp',  the lad really grinned.

Offline SamD

• Mill File+
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 11:04:45 AM »
Looks like I may need to do a bunch of posts to get better access to the "Florida" threads.

SamD
U.S. Army Paratrooper, DAV (life member), American Legion (life member), NMLRA (1 of 1000 member) & (life Member), NRA (life member)
"BY THE RUDE BRIDGE THAT ARCHED THE FLOOD. THEIR FLAG TO APRILS BREEZE UNFURLED. HERE ONCE THE EMBATTLED FARMERS STOOD. AND FIRED THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD!"

Offline acara

• Water Stone
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 04:23:17 AM »
y'all should have seen the gleam in Connor's eyes.  He had asked his dad what the rules were.  When Curt said 'there are no rules at a krackenauer camp',  the lad really grinned.

Best we can tell, he had a hoot & I still can't believe how well he behaved and adapted to the situation/environment.

I was honestly only hoping for an hour or two/day out of the teepee on the first trip, but he wanted to be outside with everyone for almost every waking moment & was genuinely interested in almost everything that everyone was doing

For my part, I really want to thank everyone for their patience & with taking the time to show/explain/answer all his questions. You could really see the "mental wheels" turning with him & if he remembers/retains 10% of what he saw/heard, I'd consider that a great start to his outdoor life.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 04:22:31 AM »
It was fun having little Conner at the camp.