Author Topic: My Pledge  (Read 4595 times)

Offline crashdive123

• Water Stone
My Pledge
« on: April 16, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
The recent thread on knife symmetry got me thinking (that or the whiskey).

I want to state for the record that none of the knives I make are "perfect".  There are flaws in each and every one I make - some may not be noticed by all, but I know they are there.  Grinding everything freehand is what it is - and maybe with many more years of practice they will get better.  Additionally - not every knife is right for everybody.  Sometimes we get things and find out that they are just not a good fit.

My pledge is simply that anybody that purchases a knife from me and is not happy with it ---- I want to know about it and make it right.  If I cannot fix it to your satisfaction, then I will gladly refund your $$. 

Offline Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
Re: My Pledge
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »
Very classy, Crash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the school of the woods, there is no graduation day."  Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 08:27:13 PM »

My pledge is simply that anybody that purchases a knife from me and is not happy with it ---- I want to know about it and make it right.  If I cannot fix it to your satisfaction, then I will gladly refund your $$.

Good principle to do business by.... Kinda figured you did it that way, anyway. But, Cool that ya typed it out.

Have one of them whiskys on me.
;)
:cheers:
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »
Good on you!
I think I will have a big one myself- Rebel Yell
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
Nice  pledge... but like JB, I figured you were the kinda guy to stand behind your product anyways.. but it never hurts to take it that step further and put er in writing... :cheers:
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 06:08:23 PM »
Now I know I will eventually buy one of your blades. I would say have one of those whiskeys on me but I have no whiskey so how about you have one of them for me? I'm easy MacCallan 12 or 18 year scotch is fine :)
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 01:39:55 PM »
Pete, when you make it to one of our get to-gethers and Crash is there, he will have a big bag of knives of all shape and sizes. And you can't beat his price.
I came away on this last camp with two more of Daves blades. The flaws he speaks of in my opinion are no more than doing a little final finish a little buff here a little sanding there. I lost count of the blades I have received, some I still use, some I gave away. I'm sure he will build something I think I need and I will buy again  :thumbsup:
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
You've been a total standup guy in all our dealings, no surprise in your pledge.

You walk the talk.  :thumbsup:
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline Red

• Maker of Sub-Par Knives
  • Global Moderator
  • Water Stone
  • Scorched Earther
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
I, too, also pledge that if anyone is not satisfied with a knife coming out of my shop, Crashdive will gladly refund you your money  :P

Fortunately, I have not had one go out that someone didn't like. I have had a few come back for rehab, but nothing that couldn't be worked out. I communicate with my customers very well, and they always bring things to my attention long before they hit the internet. I believe that if the thread you are referring to, that maker had been in constant communication with the customer, pictures of that knife never would have hit a forum. He would have known right away that the customer was not satisfied, and been in a position to rectify it.

None the less, very admirable Crash :thumbsup:
"Big drama next few hours.. But whatever happens, no matter what they tell you.. Don't let 'em take them chains off me.."

Offline Jbradshaw

• Mill File+
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 08:28:06 PM »
Good way to do business.