Author Topic: Fianlly did it! 15' indian for $200  (Read 4386 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
Fianlly did it! 15' indian for $200
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:38:55 AM »
It took me two years of looking and I finally found one that was cheap AND in good condition. It's a bit on the heavy side I think. Fine for me though. Looking forward to getting it in the water soon. Just got it home and need to clean her a little. Came with two paddles too.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Pennsylvania Mike

• Whetstone +
Re: Fianlly did it! 15' indian for $200
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
Nice find, good price too.   
Prepared for the worse, hope for the best.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:18:54 AM »
Congratulations! :cheers:    Looks like it's in sound condition, too. :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 07:35:33 PM »
Heck ya man!  Paddling is paddling, you are on the water and that's what counts.  Congrats and good find.  I'm a sucker for red canoes
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline Sarge

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »
Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:57:09 PM »
Looks like you got a great deal!
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 07:48:16 AM »
Thanks guy's. I'm really excited. It has a 715lb max capacity. That's 500lbs of gear. I could disappear for a very long time!!!

Here is the data tag. It's a Squaw, (girly?) you can see some of the fungus/mold on the gunwhale bumpers. A little clorox and a wipe down with vinegar and it should be shiny new again.

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
Congrats man, looks like a deal to me. Happy paddlin'
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »
Looking good.

Can't wait to see some pictures out on the water.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 09:24:35 AM »
Everyone likes paddling a Squaw! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Nice find!

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »
HA! I like that way you think!

I have a very mechanical mind. You can see that in my redneck thread. I have been thinking of a way to make a trailer to haul this behind my mountain bike. I would like to have it dual purpose. Trailer for hauling and sail rig on the water. My problem comes in what to do with the bike when I get to the water? I want to build a front fork mount at the bow like some roof racks use. Then it would be in the way of the sail.

The sail itself would be the tarp I would use to cover the canoe at night. The axle section of the trailer and the fat bike tires might work as sponson's for stability. Perhaps the bike seat post could be utilized for a sail mount but then it would be too high and tip it over quick.

Maybe the seat post could be the pivot point for the sail and the sail could be behind the frame. Like an L shape on it's side. I would just have to make a small section of tube to plug into the end of it to hold the sail vertical.

Anyway, this is how my mind works. I wish I could just go to the river and put in. I can't because we had flood stage for a couple weeks and had two canoer's drown while fishing. They closed all the water way's. On opening day of bass too.

So a one man, get away, all terrain, and environment friendly apparatus. Thoughts?

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 08:22:41 PM »
Great find.  Congrats.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:03 PM »
HA! I like that way you think!

I have a very mechanical mind. You can see that in my redneck thread. I have been thinking of a way to make a trailer to haul this behind my mountain bike. I would like to have it dual purpose. Trailer for hauling and sail rig on the water. My problem comes in what to do with the bike when I get to the water? I want to build a front fork mount at the bow like some roof racks use. Then it would be in the way of the sail.

The sail itself would be the tarp I would use to cover the canoe at night. The axle section of the trailer and the fat bike tires might work as sponson's for stability. Perhaps the bike seat post could be utilized for a sail mount but then it would be too high and tip it over quick.

Maybe the seat post could be the pivot point for the sail and the sail could be behind the frame. Like an L shape on it's side. I would just have to make a small section of tube to plug into the end of it to hold the sail vertical.

Anyway, this is how my mind works. I wish I could just go to the river and put in. I can't because we had flood stage for a couple weeks and had two canoer's drown while fishing. They closed all the water way's. On opening day of bass too.

So a one man, get away, all terrain, and environment friendly apparatus. Thoughts?

sounds like a lot for a righty tighty lefty loosey mind like mine to take in even with a slow read. I'm sure you have the skills to make a contraption and look forward to the exploits.
Every time you try to get multi-purpose use there is a loss of specialized performance which can be acceptable if not taken too far. I'm thinkin electric motor that powers bike and canoe
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown