Author Topic: Suwannee River Trip  (Read 3525 times)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
Suwannee River Trip
« on: July 08, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »
Had a wonderful time with Pete and Greg.  We spent Tuesday night camped along the river and had a great paddle on Wednesday.  As per any Krac outing.....we ate too much.

Some weathered stumps along the river.

Blowing an ember into flame.

Dinner

Ribeye Steaks

Corn steamed in salsa

Mushrooms sauteed in 5 lbs of butter

Venison meatloaf wrapped in onion.

Made from scratch banana bread.

Played around with some effects on the camera.

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
Re: Suwannee River Trip
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:53:26 PM »
Did you guys get hit with the storm last night? It came down in bucket loads here at the farm.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »
We had three or four hours of rain Tuesday night.  The 10 X 10 canopy we put up over the table gave us plenty of room, and all of our tents came through with flying colors.

Offline SwampHanger

• Water Stone
  • River Rat Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
Looks like a grand time by all. Food of course looks amazing and alot of it as custom. I ment to tell you guys that the black beetle spin was the color of choice when Jonathan and I  went down a few months ago. Did you guys have any luck with the fish?

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
We fished.....just didn't catch.  Had a good bite early just to get our hopes up.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »
Got home not too long ago. Got everything put away and had a much needed shower. We had a great time in camp and on the river. Thank goodness for Dave's sun/rain shelter, I worked great. Got to try out a new sleeping pad and a battery operated fan, both worked out great. Actually had to turn off the fan in the middle of the night because I was too cool. Thanks Pete for putting this together for us, it was a very cool site. We were talking about possibly planning another trip there something this winter.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 03:09:27 AM »
Way to go guys, glad you were able to get together with Pete, looks like it was a good paddle, much different than in March, water low & slow.
Great shots Dave, love the limestone undercuts in the bank and cypress roots we don't see those in the spring.
Look forward to getting on the River again.
Thanks for sharing
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
Greg also treated us with his back packing oven and some made from scratch banana bread that was FANTASTIC!!!!!

Greg also had the biggest bite on his fishing pole right at the end of the trip.  It got away.  Was probably tough as shoe leather and bad tasting anyway.

Offline zammer

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 04:30:02 PM »
Good trip

My fav
"big fish like to live in bad places, that's how they get to be big fish"

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:57:47 PM »
Greg also treated us with his back packing oven and some made from scratch banana bread that was FANTASTIC!!!!!

Greg also had the biggest bite on his fishing pole right at the end of the trip.  It got away.  Was probably tough as shoe leather and bad tasting anyway.
LOL, Dave was helping me out by pulling my kayak up onto the landing, and a treble hook on my lure got him right in the ear. Thankfully it didn't go through, but it was tricky for Pete to come to the rescue and get it out. So yea, I caught something...

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »
Had an absolute blast! The S.S. Flippy did live up to it's name on it's maiden voyage lol! 15 minutes off the launch and in the drink I went. The yak glided beautifully through the water but it is super slim and sensitive. A stabilizer plan is in the works for my next trip. I'm going through all the pictures I took and I'll get them up as soon as I can :) Really looking forward to meeting some of the guys and showing my neck of the woods!
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 04:14:51 AM »
This is definitely a good spot for a winter camp.