Author Topic: Attention: Calling All the Bullies of Bushcraft  (Read 12286 times)

Offline Wilderbeast

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
  • Member #007
    • Military Spec Surplus
Re: Attention: Calling All the Bullies of Bushcraft
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 04:34:03 PM »
Sorry I didn't make the camp out.  Looks like a killer spot.  Sucks the weather crapped out on you guys, but you still got some good shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you could have made it too.  As to the rain, I reminded myself of a saying I like: "You can be wet and miserable, or you can choose to just be wet."

I chose to just be wet. And the glamp kitchen made a big difference.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? One should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, it is much safer to be feared than loved.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
Re: Attention: Calling All the Bullies of Bushcraft
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »
I've camped in drenching downpours, hail storms, blizzards and one near miss by a tornado.   Some of those camps, when the weather was really bad, I had no choice, but to stay and make the best of it.  In looking back though, some of the very best camping experiences and the ones producing the fondest memories, occurred during those times.  The thing is, most of us here are seasoned campers and although we'd like all of our outdoor experiences to take place during balmy weather conditions, the odds are against it.  We prepare for the WORST, so when conditions are a bit less than desirable, we can still have a great time because we had the forethought to prepare for them.  That's my take, anyway. :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX