Author Topic: Kicco Fall/2015 Trip Pics and Stories  (Read 5325 times)

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
Kicco Fall/2015 Trip Pics and Stories
« on: November 15, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
Stay tuned.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
Re: Kicco Fall/2015 Trip Pics and Stories
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »
The trip in to the campsite. Saw quite a few animals on the way in at dusk.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:53:07 PM »
Time spent on the Kissimmee River with a few of the Kracaneuners!

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
The tribe was doing well on bugs, insects, and some small fish and then Chief Baker showed up and we wondered why in the hell we were eating bugs let the decadence meals begin!

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 05:13:21 PM »
I don't know when I have enjoyed more good food, than at this trip.  Greg's skill set with camp baking  is beyond belief.  Doughnuts, pretzels, chips, bread, biscuits........... ..oh my!
My heartfelt thanks to Ron, for getting me out of that dang Kayak after our paddle.  Merciful God indeed, that there was not a camera when I had to be hauled by brute force out of that Native craft.  Hey, at least I'm still trying.   :)

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 06:04:54 PM »
Great trip everyone, and thanks for the comments. I sure did have a blast cooking, kayaking, trap shooting, the campfire chat and seeing great friends, and especially being able to celebrate Red's birthday with him and his great family. The weather was great, no rain, beautiful sky, but I am looking forward to it getting a little cooler. I was a bit out of my element with the fish fry, but I think it turned out ok. I had also never made sausage gravy for such a large group, but of everything I made, it was the one thing I did pig out on.

And I wasn't the only one cooking. Everyone pitched in with Dean cooking up some awesome steaks, Sam's excellent Award winning chili, mighty tasty, Curts Low Country Boil, and at least 10 lbs. of bacon, Red's moms delicious Chicken and Dumplings and yummy brownies and much more than I can remember.

I need to make sure to take the time to take more pictures, I'm not sure if I even took one. Once gain, it was great spending time with everyone and looking forward to our next get together.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 06:27:30 PM »
Awesome trip.  Couldn't ask for better company.  Warm days, cool nights (except for one), time on the water, a little trap shooting, visited a pretty cool saloon, great comradery around the camp and fire and the food.....did somebody mention the food.

Happy Birthday Red and thanks for setting this trip up.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 06:46:57 PM »
Great pictures Dave.

I really enjoyed our time on the river and shooting range.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 07:07:40 PM »
Ron and Dave, great pictures. Thanks for the paddle, the trap shooting and the Saloon time. Also I appreciate you guys helping me in the kitchen getting everything prepped and keeping the dishes cleaned and organized, couldn't have happened without your help.

Offline docterusa

• Mill File+
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 07:41:50 PM »
Darth Crash

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 06:41:51 AM »
Somehow I missed seeing that skull. Nice paint job Nick.

One exit story. As I was leaving camp and driving the 8 or so miles down the shell road, I had rolled my windows down to air out the car a bit. With my left arm hanging out the window going about 35 mph, I inadvertently nailed a nice fresh cow pie with my front left tire. My left arm got covered with a heavy splattering of fresh poo. There were cows to the left and right, so I drove another 50 yards or so before stopping. My car was jam packed with gear and I had to think real quickly how I was going to clean this crap off of me. Fortunately I found some napkins in my center console that I could use to scrub off the nasties.

Moral of the story, do not have your windows rolled down when traveling down a path littered with cow pies, and two, always maintain a supply of fast food napkins in your car at all times...

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:40 AM »
It was one hell of a good time, I'm glad I made it. Suffering a little bit of sugar coma I think and probably won't eat anything but vegetables and fruit for the next few days. The food was insane, it always is, the stuff Greg pulls off is just crazy. Fried twinkies, yuhoos, Oreos, funnel cake, bushcraft at it's finest "o) almost worried that my Man Card would be revoked. Though I'm still wondering how a fried fig newton would turn out.

It was great seeing you guys and I look forward the February Shootout and Farmfest Skills Workshops, maybe I'll even have my band come out for one evening.

If I had enough time I would even like to set up a woods walk archery range down in the bottom of the property. We may need a few guys for an infrastructure weekend before the event. I'll let you know once we get past Thanksgiving. I'll clear a level area down by the workshop and finish mow it and dig a fire pit, trees and ground available for camping, I have an RV hook up too, if needed. I could set up the wall tent with the wood stove as a barracks if it seems like a good idea to a few of us.

The specifics will unfold in the Kracaneuner's Florida Forum.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
Sweet. you kracker nooners sure have fun. Kracaneuner, sure have fun.

Sorry I'm overexcited... That first orange boat. Can someone tell me about it? I dont know boats but I like that one.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war

Offline Tunnelvision

• Mill File+
  • Kracaneuner
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
Awe man, I missed DONUTS!!!!

Looks like everyone had a good time, I was recovering from getting my wisdom teeth removed. Thought about coming out on Saturday but it just wasn't in the cards.

Offline acara

• Water Stone
  • Captain of the Blue Pig
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 04:43:23 PM »
A couple of pics..

Meet me under the pee-pee-tree

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 04:53:59 PM »
Curt, Connor is such a great kid and I for one really enjoy having him at camp. I'm surprised at his vocabulary at such a young age and it's refreshing to have him liven up our camps and make us remember our young camping experiences; great job dad.

Oh, and nice catfish by the way...

Offline Saintnick001

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bushcrafter and pumpkin carver extraordinaire
    • Portfolio of Nick Grohs
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
Ahhh. Well let's begin. Thank you all for inviting me back into the fold after being absent for so long. Thanks for carrying about my welfare. Itruly truly consider you all my brothers and sisters.
You guys, the good was insane. I saw Ron and Kurk cooking grub. I saw the rest of you slackers tasting while they work but I'm sure there was a lot of help from every one.

Greg. Your the man in the chuck wagon. What can I say? I will never bring another turkey sandwich to a camp where you are. The actual meals aside you really took my sweet tooth to a new level. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can hang with you in the camp kitchen.
Thanks alot for the help with my hammock Ron. I'm sure I would have f'd it up.
Happy birthday red. I really enjoyed hanging with you and your family. They are so much fun, I really hope they come out again soon. You've got a real keeper of a woman too. Sorry about the bike. I'm blaming Tony.
Mike. As always thanks for sharing your wisdom and knowledge. I've got a couple new projects now. Like I need another.
Tony, tanks for listening and caring about me. You take care of yourself and I will try and do the same.
To all.thanks again for being there. I haven't laughed this hard, eaten this great, or slept that well in a long time.
I got exactly what I needed this weekend.
"Well, at least it's not a femur through the pelvis."

Offline Saintnick001

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bushcrafter and pumpkin carver extraordinaire
    • Portfolio of Nick Grohs
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Oh yeah

BDP!!!
"Well, at least it's not a femur through the pelvis."

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 05:53:23 PM »
Great pictures Curt!

Connor was a blast at camp. It was pretty cool to see him catch a fish.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 05:56:27 PM »
Somehow I missed seeing that skull. Nice paint job Nick.

One exit story. As I was leaving camp and driving the 8 or so miles down the shell road, I had rolled my windows down to air out the car a bit. With my left arm hanging out the window going about 35 mph, I inadvertently nailed a nice fresh cow pie with my front left tire. My left arm got covered with a heavy splattering of fresh poo. There were cows to the left and right, so I drove another 50 yards or so before stopping. My car was jam packed with gear and I had to think real quickly how I was going to clean this crap off of me. Fortunately I found some napkins in my center console that I could use to scrub off the nasties.

Moral of the story, do not have your windows rolled down when traveling down a path littered with cow pies, and two, always maintain a supply of fast food napkins in your car at all times...

Sorry Greg but that is Funny right there!

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 04:25:56 AM »
Greg, it could have been worse......one of these could have driven by when you had the windows down.

Offline OutdoorEnvy

• Water Stone
  • Outdoor Junky Approved
    • OutdoorEnvy
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
Awesome guys!  The food looked great!  It's a good trip when the food pics are as good as the scenery pics.  Glad you all made it happen. 
Proverbs 27:17    "As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend"
http://outdoorenvy.blogspot.com/

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
Dang, that looks like a great time and all those donuts and stuff.  I would go off my diet in a heartbeat to eat some of that stuff.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »
Greg, it could have been worse......one of these could have driven by when you had the windows down.

I kinda figured you guys had to hire someone to spread out all the BS from a get together.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war

Offline acara

• Water Stone
  • Captain of the Blue Pig
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 08:08:31 PM »
So now that he's had a few days to digest it all.. I asked Connor what his favorite part of camping was ...

1. Watching all daddy's silly friends around the fire
2. Getting to stay in his pajamas for as  long as he liked every day

As far as what he liked the least ...

Too many angry looking cows
Meet me under the pee-pee-tree