Author Topic: bad e-bay good real deals, UST Waterproof matches  (Read 1219 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
bad e-bay good real deals, UST Waterproof matches
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:38:29 AM »
I found 4 1/4 x 3 " ferro rods for $1.97 with .69 shipping. I ordered two for 8 total. Been 40 day's and nothing.

I have a ferro rod fetish and don't mind buying cheap ones to try. Boeyk boeyk was the seller out of the Philippines. E-bay chose in my favor for a full refund including the shipping charges.

On an up note the real deals dollar store has United Survival Technologies water proof matches for a dollar. That's 4 boxes of 40 for $1. I bought 5 and they come in a heavy ziplock bag for even more protection.

They are not storm proof. They have a clear coat on the head. They are great matches though, light easy and burn hot. I carry in a waterproof match case too.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: bad e-bay good real deals, UST Waterproof matches
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »
I bought some "warm when wet" wool from a vendor in a far away land.  This stuff is roving wool and he offers many colors.  It came from China with free shipping and cost $3.00 for two packages which is enough to repair a lot of moth holes with a felting needle. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:18 AM »
I've purchases a few lots from an ebay seller called axeprice over the years.  Always been very reliable and they spark very good.  He has several different sizes and lots available if you go into his store and look for other items available.

Glad the end result worked out to your favor!!

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 01:24:21 PM »
Yes! Axeprice is great. I've bought a bunch from him.(fetish) He has a bunch off good electroics and r/c parts too.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Electric Cowboy

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »
axeprice has been good to me............
Deus Vult