Author Topic: Aaaah. Mid-Feb FL Paddle  (Read 4509 times)

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
Aaaah. Mid-Feb FL Paddle
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:24:57 PM »
The weather was so good and holding.  Max and I headed to the river.

Silver River. Fed by the largest Artesian well in the world.

I turned upstream at the confluence of Silver and Oklawaha.  The clear Silver was replaced by the blackwater Oklawaha.

Max seldom lays down on the SUP.  It was a lazy day.

Air- 72 degrees  Water- 72 degrees  Perfect.

At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Aaaah. Mid-Feb FL Paddle
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
Looks like a fun time.  That is a neat tree root system in that fourth photo.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »
Max's fur is beginning to get as gray as his master's......good to see you guys back on the water again. :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 06:11:40 PM »
Looking good Tony. Agree with the others glad to see you on the water with Max.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 12:07:57 AM »
Not my neck otw, so I appreciate you pointing out the water change. neato
 Whatta ya got there; a trailer park near the Oklawaha? ___________________ ___________________ ____
    Somehow I guess you have crawled into that artisan just to see what there is in there. ___________________ ___________________ _______ After you swim past the tricycles and old cell phones what did you see?

72 & 72 degrees F. :rolleyes:
   7+2=9 and 7+2 =9 = 99 so really it was only 99% perfect. Why do you have to exaggerate, huh?

Well. It just so happens that here the temp was 80F and the winds 80mph --- yesterday = 88
        That would be relevant somehow if I hadn't fudged the numbers.

Hiya Max. You look very clean and shiny, and well fed :thumbsup:
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 04:29:45 AM »
Good to see you and Max out.  Glad he let you come along.

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 05:11:56 AM »
Unknown,
                 LOL.  Your math is suspect.

And while in my cave diving obsession I dove pretty much all the known legal (and a few not so much) underwater cave systems in central and north central FL, Silver Springs is off limits to cave divers.  But I have two friends that were contracted to map it.  There are actually 7 entrances and it's sidemount (tanks under your armpits).  Several times they had to take their tanks off and push them ahead of them. Just a wee bit tight.  Haha.

Madmax

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 07:08:57 PM »
Good looking trip Tony! I must say I am a bit jealous and can't wait to get back on the river. Talking about cave diving and Silver Springs I might and I stress the word might be able to check with a good friend there to see if they might need help on a training dive if you might be interested. It is an extreme long shot but maybe.
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »
Good looking trip Tony! I must say I am a bit jealous and can't wait to get back on the river. Talking about cave diving and Silver Springs I might and I stress the word might be able to check with a good friend there to see if they might need help on a training dive if you might be interested. It is an extreme long shot but maybe.

Pete, my cave diving days are over.  I pushed way to far being compromised with healed broken bones including mixed gas to ridiculous depths back in the day.  I would really be asking to get bent now.  Happy I did it.  But I'm done.
   Plus, according to my buddies, it is far from one of the top dives (even sidemount) there is in FL.

Thanks anyway,
                          Tony

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 05:08:04 AM »
Lol I just figured I would check. I myself am unable to dive. When I was stationed in Okinawa I had free drive lessons all the way up to dive master. The only problem was in the beginner course when we got to the point where we did the pool test to get accustomed to the gear I got to 6 feet deep and could not equalize. I tried the pool part over a dozen times and went to several doctors and they said no go I just couldn't regulate the pressure in my ears :(

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 05:35:51 PM »
Lol I just figured I would check. I myself am unable to dive. When I was stationed in Okinawa I had free drive lessons all the way up to dive master. The only problem was in the beginner course when we got to the point where we did the pool test to get accustomed to the gear I got to 6 feet deep and could not equalize. I tried the pool part over a dozen times and went to several doctors and they said no go I just couldn't regulate the pressure in my ears :(

Sorry to hear Pete about the equalization problems. I spent 3 years in Okinawa and logged hundreds of dives there as a Dive master. My favorite divespot in the world is "toilet bowl" located on the west side of Okinawa. Step off of land an a 70 foot drop to a shelf and then down well past a hundred feet.
Stationed there from 93-97.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »
Diving the toilet bowl was one of the main reasons I wanted to learn to dive. That and being stationed on Camp Schwab where there were some great caves.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk