Author Topic: AquaMira, Water Basics, bag to bag filter  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
AquaMira, Water Basics, bag to bag filter
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
I have been looking for a good bag to bag filter for months, and ran across this one, on sale, on the BePrepared.com web site.

It has two bags, gallon size, and some tubing, a filter, and caps for the bags.  Well thought out, and it works as advertised.  On my last camp out, I filtered water from the Kissimmee River, and after filtering, it was as crystal clear and tasty as bottled water.

I did have one issue with the set up, in that a weld broke on the upper, or dirty water bag.  This did not impugne the ability of the filter, and it did not leak.

When I got back, I emailed AquaMira, and they replaced the entire filter kit, not just the bag as I had requested.  Excellent customer service, as well as a great filter.
The filter handles 80 gallons, before it should be replaced.  The specs are good with the GreenLine filter that this one came with.  It eliminates bacteria, crypto and giardia.  It reduced chemicals, and improves taste and clarity.

Offline madmax

• Belt Grinder
  • The Phoenix
Re: AquaMira, Water Basics, bag to bag filter
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 10:26:17 AM »
That was a very cool set up.  Glad somebody knows how to keep and attract customers.
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »
That filter was impressive. It performed great without any pre-filtering and produced some great tasting water. Glad to hear the seller stood behind their product.

Offline pete28

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »
That is a great looking setup. Looks like it would be fairly compact for transport as well which is always a bonus.
The more you look with your eyes the less you will truly see.

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
in it's stuff sack, it's 13 ounces.  About 13 inches long.  Here it's with some soft ball sized Meyer lemons, for size comparison.