Author Topic: A Quick Scout of Our New Spot!  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
A Quick Scout of Our New Spot!
« on: April 24, 2016, 04:15:45 PM »
Betty's (Nature Girl) sister's landlord graciously offered us access to his wooded lands near Betty's mother's home. We went out on a quick day to scout around and just plain get into the woods for the day. We also setup our new SOL tube tarps I bought a week or so ago.

The landowner said we can build fires (when no burn ban), do any clearing anywhere in the woods, chop down any trees and can clean up any debris as well! There is a fish pond next to the property and the landlord says he will ask the owner for permission to let us fish it as well.

On to the pics....just a few, my phone battery died halfway through the stay....sorry....

Some pics of the pond we hope to have access to on later visits...

Betty on one of the trails....

Continued......
Proudly Jontok Bushy Approved!
God bless America.....again!! Old Foldin' Saw Fogey!

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
Re: A Quick Scout of Our New Spot!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 04:17:52 PM »
We set up our SOL tube tarps and built a fire ring after clearing out a quick spot...and made a lunch of noodles and apple cider. I used a skoal snus can lid for esbit and my canteen cup stove, along with Betty's Stanley cook set that Aven graciously gifted her.

My Sol setup in it's tube tent set...

Continued.....

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »
Betty's SOL setup as a lean to...

Some misc. shots before my phone died...

Anyone know what these are>

The land has a variety of oak, cedar, pine, and holly. Saw signs of turkey, deer, and wild pig as well. Thanks for looking and God bless America...again!

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 04:43:27 PM »
What a great looking spot, NB.  Maybe you can get permission to hunt, too.  Looks like a great place for squirrels as I'm pretty certain that was a hickory in the foreground of your very first photo.  The plant you asked about is Virginia creeper.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 05:01:08 PM »
Please post more pics as you guys are out there. It looks like a great place to hangout
Nice matters

Offline Nature Boy

• Whetstone +
  • NE Georgia
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 05:03:24 PM »
Thanks imnukensc! We saw signs of turkey, deer, wild pig, and saw a few squirrels off the path. We also got a closer look at the pond. Saw hand size or slightly larger fish just under the surface in spots. The property is about 3/4 of a mile from the Savannah River with a lot of creeks threading through the property.

Not sure if he will let me hunt there, hopefully at least he will let me try for squirrels. We have found 3 tree stands so far and they all belong to the owner lol.

Offline Quenchcrack

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 05:47:47 PM »
Looks like the landlord recognized responsible tenants to look after his property.  Enjoy!
I guess he'd rather be in Colorado.
-John Denver