Author Topic: Sawzall blades to a knife  (Read 4197 times)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
Sawzall blades to a knife
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:51 PM »
Found a neat idea  yeah I know been done many  times before but I may try and  make a crook knife  from one

http://www.m4040.com/Survival/DollarSurvivalKnife/Dollar_Survival_Knife.htm
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline Binalith

• Water Stone
Re: Sawzall blades to a knife
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
I made a couple of those when I first got the knife bug, I see them everyday and I can't find them right now, I'll post em up tonight.

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
  • Just call me, JB, it is easier to type. ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
 made one of them sawzall blade crooked ones too.. A really crappy one, at that. Need to try again. Hopefully do a better job. I'll post a pic sometime, if I think about it. I would like to have a decent one.
 I use a gouge mostly, to carve concave objects that are too hard to do with a knife point. Here is a pc of the gouge with a spoon I am working on:

Thanks for posting that link, ER75!
 :)

& hope ya finde the pics, Binalith!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:47:47 PM by MnSportsman »
I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:11:51 AM »
made one of them sawzall blade crooked ones too.. A really crappy one, at that. Need to try again. Hopefully do a better job. I'll post a pic sometime, if I think about it. I would like to have a decent one.
 I use a gouge mostly, to carve concave objects that are too hard to do with a knife point.

Thanks for posting that link, ER75!

& hope ya finde the pics, Binalith!

No probs Bud   lemme know when ya get the pics of the crook up  thinking about making a couple different  ones  myself to
?I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.?~Frank Sinatra~

Offline Backwoodschuck

• Mill File+
Sawzall blades to a knife
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:37:36 PM »
Awesome man

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:52:25 PM »
Here are some pics of my crappy crooked knife project. I will have to make another, since this was a first time, I will try to do a better job on the next one.

I love being out in the woods!   I like this quote from Mors Kochanski - "The more you know, the less you carry". I believe in the same creed, & think  "Knowledge & honed skills" are the best things to carry with ya when you're out in the wilds. They're the ultimate "ultralight" gear! ;)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
Not to  shabby there Bro look forward to seeing your new one when ya do it up

Offline MnSportsman

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 03:00:29 PM »
Thnx..
 :D
 Perhaps not having as many beers when doing it & now having learned/knowing a bit more after the first try, might help too, you would think, eh?
 ;)

Offline easy_rider75

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »
Thnx..
 :D
 Perhaps not having as many beers when doing it & now having learned/knowing a bit more after the first try, might help too, you would think, eh?
 ;)

Ha yep  beers n  sharps usually don't mix to well eh? LOL