Author Topic: My PM area  (Read 1416 times)

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
My PM area
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:02:44 PM »
I was cleaning the PM closet..and was wondering what do the three topics in the drop down under  "preference" mean?

How do they work?   

WW.
On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
Re: My PM area
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:10:04 PM »
Those are settings that control how the forum sorts your messages. You can make your own custom labels for messages like "important" or "read first". Then you can set up the forum to apply those labels to messages from certain forum members or groups of members. For example, you could label all messages from "water stone" members as "important". You could also label them as "baseball cards" or anything else your imagination can think of.

It's just a way to set up rules for how the forum sorts your PMs.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
Hey..thats pretty neat!        Do I make a label before or after the PM comes in?     

And how do I mark , oh lets say,  Someone sends me a recipe..  and then we talk back and forth chit chatting but I want to save that first one for sure because of the recipe.   How is that done? 

WW.

On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »
Hey..thats pretty neat!        Do I make a label before or after the PM comes in?     

And how do I mark , oh lets say,  Someone sends me a recipe..  and then we talk back and forth chit chatting but I want to save that first one for sure because of the recipe.   How is that done? 

WW.

You can save all of your PMs as an .xml file. Go to your PM page, then under the "Actions" tab you can choose to "Export all PM's". There is no way to filter just the recipe PM, for example, but you can individually delete the ones you don't want, then export the ones you want to preserve.

Offline WoodsWoman

• Diamond Stone
  • Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:51:09 PM »
Thank you PW.    I'm always scared to click on things... :S     

WW.