Author Topic: 3 Day Solo River Trip  (Read 1769 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
At least it's not a femur through the pelvis.

Offline Eikanox

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
Re: 3 Day Solo River Trip
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 02:15:06 AM »
I want to get information about this very much. Please help me

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 06:28:29 AM »
Ok.  I'll bite. 

First, work on your English.  Then, work on your Southern dialect.  And frankly I don't think this trip is for you. 

So what kind of boat do you have?  What do you normally carry on multiday canoe trips?

How are you around alligators, water moccasins, coral snakes (there is no antidote), pygmy rattlers, wild boar, panthers, alligator snapping turtles, paper wasps, yellow jackets, skunks, skunk apes (FL bigfoots), meth heads, and drunk armed rednecks that don't like anybody that aren't related to them (even that isn't always peaceful.)?

Still with me?  Great.

If you Spam or fish me, I'll get the federal government involved.

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 08:16:40 AM »
I want to get information about this very much. Please help me

Eikanox,
   If you would go over to introductions, we would get a feel for where your from, an approximate age and experience level. Then we can give you a more informed reply. We can make assumptions, which are always dangerous, that English is not your first language, you are not a North American resident and that your possibly under the age of 25, then a reply might be:

This was a three day long canoe trip by an old man and his dog in the waterways of Florida. (Sorry Max, who we calling old? :doh:)

There are still places in North America where you can get away from civilization and not see another human being for days. You can get lost and die before you can walk out.

After many years of experience and learning a few things through trial and error, the skills and confidence to take on a Solo trip into a wilderness area is doable. And after having seen and done to many things, you too can become a gumpy old man!  :rofl:

Eikanox, was this what you were asking? Oh, and when Madmax says he'll bite, I just assume he's had his rabies vaccine. He might draw a little blood but it's usually not fatal. :)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 08:33:50 AM »
Pete, I even got my flu and hep vac.  And I I have no problem whatsoever with that description of Max and I.  I yam what I yam the King yes Siam.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 09:48:45 AM »
You guys do realize that you are responding to a spambot/spammer right?

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 11:35:07 AM »
Oh good heavens no. I'm not that bright. That's part of the fun of being a country bumkin. I can take a poorly constructed inquiry at face value and remain oblivious. I think you have the advantage of the cynicism that comes with experience in participating on several forums. I'll defer to your assessment of "Eikanox" and see what shakes out.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Sorry man.  Didn't mean to make your job harder.  The bad grammar screams tease me.  I'm weak.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 09:42:56 AM »
I sent PW a message last night about the bot.  It made one other post on an old thread. 

It said "The feeling of me now is very glad to be with everyone here".

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:00:33 AM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)