Author Topic: my new tacticals  (Read 460 times)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
my new tacticals
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:32:04 AM »
over the next week i hope to post some of the tactical knives i've been working on
i'll try to post a few today. most will have coated blades with micarta scales.

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
Re: my new tacticals
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:38:04 PM »
Hayshaker Images:

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:38:56 PM »
these are some of the first tactical knives i've made and as anew
blade maker.  feedback is important and constructive criticisim .
 i do tank all who viewed the thread and mostly yelloyak for bieing gracious enough
to post them for me. once gain as a new knife maker it helps to hear good or otherwise
on my progress. thank you hayshaker.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 05:28:08 AM »
 i do tank all who viewed the thread and mostly yelloyak for bieing gracious enough
to post them for me. once gain as a new knife maker it helps to hear good or otherwise

For what it's worth, in my opinion your designs and your work show allot of promise,  again, my personal opinion only,  I think the word "Tactical" has been way over hyped by the advertising media to sell stuff to those folks who like to think of themselves as some sort of Rambo, the word conjures up visions of adventure and militarism in some people, and is considered negatively with much of the self reliance community that I run with,  looking at your knives I see a blending of materials and design that looks more like it's ready for outdoor adventures rather than the battle field,  which is where "Tacticals" belong.
  Like other makers of larger multi purpose knives like Gossman and beck who choose to call their designs WSK's for Wilderness/Survival Knives,  you might want to think about what you are intending your knives to be used for,  if it's urban warfare then Tactical is probably the right word,  but if you intend to make them for self reliance and survival, you might want to drop the Tactical designation. 
  Other than that,  they're looking good. 
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 06:05:30 AM »
WOW your so right Moe, thanks and comming from you that's high clover.
your so right, a tactical knife a pair of oakleys and some molle gear does not make one an operator
or delta force. wsk's sounds like the ticket.

Offline hunter63

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 11:56:07 AM »

For what it's worth, in my opinion your designs and your work show allot of promise,  again, my personal opinion only,  I think the word "Tactical" has been way over hyped by the advertising media to sell stuff to those folks who like to think of themselves as some sort of Rambo, the word conjures up visions of adventure and militarism in some people, and is considered negatively with much of the self reliance community that I run with,  looking at your knives I see a blending of materials and design that looks more like it's ready for outdoor adventures rather than the battle field,  which is where "Tacticals" belong.
  Like other makers of larger multi purpose knives like Gossman and beck who choose to call their designs WSK's for Wilderness/Survival Knives,  you might want to think about what you are intending your knives to be used for,  if it's urban warfare then Tactical is probably the right word,  but if you intend to make them for self reliance and survival, you might want to drop the Tactical designation. 
  Other than that,  they're looking good.

Totally agree......
When i hear Tactical...I have visions of double edge, saw back, wire cutter, the large pommel....
I go with a wilderness description as well.

Nice job, buddy.....Looking good.
Geezer Squad, Evoking the 50 year old rule..First 50 years, worried about the small stuff, second 50 years....Not so much