Bushlore Topics > Bushlore and Outdoor Skills

get out and bushcraft.

(1/6) > >>

hayshaker:
i would like to encourage members here to spend some afternoon or morning
to getout. bring the dog cook some food make a firestick some thing,
and photograph it an post to the fourm. i think it would be a fun thing to do.
if we could do this over the next couple of weeks say,  and get a phototime going
of our day out. mabey make a shelter show off your charcloth latest knife or axe in use
so waddya think?

matter of fact i'll start out the whole deal first. but I have to clean up the camp a bit so it don't look like
hobo heaven,lol. getout the cast iron pan and cook up some grub, have some coffee heck yeah.
matter of fact i'm finishing up a new knife with masur birch scales, which i'll use.

Keith H:
I think it is a good idea, but if this is all about bushcraft, with respect, I think it is about time members got away from using charred cloth & started learning about & using plant & fungi tinders.
Keith.

Moe M.:

Good post Keith,  I haven't used char cloth since I watched your video about punkwood several years ago,  and a bonus was not having to make char cloth every time you run low,  with charred punk wood you only have to do it once in a great while, I just keep feeding my tin a little when I run across a piece of punk in the woods, I haven't run out yet.   

wsdstan:
Personally I don't care whether a person starts a fire with a Bic or flint and steel on all the things that can be used.  If we get out and enjoy the outdoors we are having fun.  Bushcraft isn't a primitive skills contest for me.

hayshaker:
keith if you don't mind me askin what kinda wood is that the one tree looks like shagbark hickory.
oh and thaks for the pictures nice camp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version