Author Topic: BRRRRR!  (Read 23799 times)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Re: BRRRRR!
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2019, 08:15:31 AM »
Right now we are at a -24F (-31C). There's a wind out of the North pushing our wind chill index down to -49F (-45C). Tomorrow we get to warm up all the way to -14F (-25C).  :banana:    :doh:

I was out to push a little snow earlier and the pick-up was a little slow cranking over. Guess the oil was a little thick. The tractor won't start even after having a block heater plugged in all day. I think the fuel may be gelled. I've got an additive in it, but there are limits. I should have stayed with straight #1 fuel instead of that "Winter Treated" #1/#2 mix. I'll know better next year.

Would like to go into town for our 48th anniversary tomorrow, but we're not getting any further from the farmstead than we're willing to walk in this cold. So that's about a hundred yards.  :shrug: I guess we're not as adventurous as when we were younger.

Another word for "adventurous" is "foolhardy"!
I don't even try starting engines/motors below zero anymore. I've broken too many things due to cold in the past.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2019, 08:28:35 AM »
Maybe not as adventurous Pete but certainly smarter.

We are at a minus 21F but it is going up fast at the moment. NO WIND!!! so it is tolerable out and even the cows were in the sunshine.  The water tanks are still open too.  Truck starts fine but the skid loader and the tractor are waiting for a plus 20F to show up. 

My wife gave the barn cats warm chicken broth with their food this morning.  They love her.

Tennessee is on my list now. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2019, 09:19:03 AM »
I know I tease you guys up north with our warm weather but I grew up in the north.  I experienced well below zero temps,  ice storms that made the trees "blow up",  I never had warm feet unless I stuck them in the fireplace or next to the pot bellied stove (most of the time they went past cold into numb),  and animal husbandry in weather like that.

I salute you.  After 40+ years in Florida I know I couldn't do it again.  Kelly hates anything below 60.  Max slows down to a creep in wet cold of FL.  I have no doubt that not one of you would burn your firewood in the temps when we get a roaring blaze going in the fireplace.  0 degree sleeping bag?  That'll get me down to 30 or 40 without hypothermia.  LOL.  My hats off to you.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #253 on: February 08, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
I stay up here cause I like to hear the trees blow up. In Lakota it is Cannapopa Wi - Moon When Trees Crack from the Cold.  It is two months long this year.   :-\

We should look into moving but it is hard to leave a place you like one or two months of the year.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2019, 10:49:58 AM »
I see Tennessee mentioned a couple times and I have a lot of good memories of that state. One that stands out is the first night we moved in to Millington, just North of Memphis. It was mid November of '71 and we took a motel room for the night. A winter storm blew in and the curtains were waving greetings to the snow that was blowing in through the cracks around the windows and doors and under the sill plate where the walls were attached to the slab. The little propane wall heater didn't have a chance. 

The wife bought me a little Ruger 10-22 the following summer for my birthday. Cost $49.00 brand new in the box. Still have it and it's been a great plinker.

Spent a couple years there in '71 and '76.  Enjoyed the state from end to end. Lots to offer there.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2019, 11:04:51 AM »
Most all areas of the country have one or two drawbacks when it comes to weather.  We seem to have our fair share of them, too, but all in all.....I like it right where I'm at. :).   It's usually not too bad. ;)

I don't think I could handle Florida's hurricanes, hot & humid summers, insects, snakes, gators, etc., but I sure do envy that state's residents in the wintertime!   The cold didn't seem to bother me much when I was younger, but my old bones seem more vulnerable to it these days.  :(

The plains states are susceptible to hail & tornadoes, too, but but our farm took a direct hit from a tornado only once and that was before I was born.  I've seen 2-3 of them since, but they missed us....scary, though!   Seems like almost all areas of the country see tornadoes anymore. :shrug:   The damage done by them is devastating, but is very localized compared to hurricanes.  I giggle at the on-site hurricane reports by the media news.....if the hurricane fizzles or loses intensity and fails to live up to the hype by the time it makes landfall they still report on the devastating damage that WAS possible in the in the 3-4 day hurricane tracking period reports.  Lots of times we experience straightline winds of 65-70 mph which is far from the real high-end hurricane-force winds, but they rarely even get a mention on the evening news.  I recall one instance last year when the winds from one of those fizzled Florida hurricanes were 10-12 mph LESS than the unusually high winds that we were experiencing on the same day, yet nary a comment on that 'anomaly' from the scientific weather-dudes on the nightly news.  :rolleyes:

The seafood, mudbugs & boudin of the southern coastal areas are the sirens that begin singing their alluring song to me this time of year, too.....I can almost taste them now! :drool:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2019, 11:25:49 AM »
...but do you suck the heads of mudbugs for the good juices.

...that might need explanation for some.  LOL
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2019, 11:28:55 AM »
Oh, yeah.....SUCK 'DEM HEADS! :banana: :drool:

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2019, 12:08:35 PM »
...but do you suck the heads of mudbugs for the good juices.

...that might need explanation for some.  LOL
I've eaten roast wood grubs and grasshoppers in the past. I love crawdads, but sucking their warm guts out....not so much. ;)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
I salute you.  After 40+ years in Florida I know I couldn't do it again.  Kelly hates anything below 60.  Max slows down to a creep in wet cold of FL.  I have no doubt that not one of you would burn your firewood in the temps when we get a roaring blaze going in the fireplace.  0 degree sleeping bag?  That'll get me down to 30 or 40 without hypothermia.  LOL.  My hats off to you.
When I was in Saigon, it got down to 60F for a couple of nights. The locals were burning their furniture to keep from freezing....  It's all in what you're used to.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2019, 10:29:15 AM »
Well chit.   >:( >:(  We were about -2F this morning and I went to check the stock water.  Upper corral was fine and all was  working.  Lower corral had frozen basins. 

I chopped out the ice and there was no power to the heat puck or heat tape.  I checked the breaker and it wasn't tripped.  When I pulled out the wires from underneath the tank the light I keep in there was off but came on when the bundle was out of the space.  I wiggled the power supply line and the light went on and off.  Problem is the power supply plug.  I got it thawed out with the ready heater and it was working when I left.  I have to put on a new plug I guess and that should take care of it.  Could have been worse as it didn't appear to have broken any water supply line. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
Look upon it as a rare, but perfect opportunity to utilize the UNDERWRITER'S KNOT! :lol:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:05:43 PM by wolfy »

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2019, 05:35:05 PM »
The power cord is a three wire.   :-X
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
Your wish is my command. :hail:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
It was 0 here this morning and the power cord stayed functional all night.  We got a couple of inches of very soft powder snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer and I will put a new plug on then. 

Thanks for the video of that way of doing a plug, I will give it a try.  Will have to watch it a couple of times to get it right I think.

(Mark Twain)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2019, 08:33:49 AM »
Yesterday we enjoyed 46 degree weather with no wind.  Snow was melting and it was a very pleasant day.  This morning it is 6F with a stiff NW wind.  The cows are all in the lower field sheds and waiting for someone to bring more hay.  The lick barrels are almost gone and even the salt blocks got worked over pretty good. 

My wife said that the barn cats were glad to see her this morning.  I was glad to see that the water tanks are working well today and am wondering what it would be like to get up and wear a pair of flip flops to the barn if I could transport this place to Florida. 

It has been a long cold snap.  Snow is predicted for today and cold weather for the next 7 to 10 days. 

I hope none of you forgot that it is Valentine's Day.  I called my wife Darling for the first time in years she said.  I got a good hug for doing that.

(Mark Twain)

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2019, 08:51:33 AM »
You're a good man, Stan.

Supposed to hit about 68 here today and sunny.  After I get a big pot of spaghetti sauce going for guests coming tomorrow night, I plan on laying a bunch of landscape blocks along the side of the front walk.  Hopefully it'll help keep it a little cleaner from the chickens scratching all the mulch out of the hedges next to it.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2019, 09:06:09 AM »
61 and sunny right now.  I asked Kelly what she wanted to do for Valentines Day this morning.  She said get a coupla chicken pot pies on our way out to the forest and sit around a campfire... I can do that.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »
You guys live the good life.  Chickens and pot pies kind of go together don't they?  Nuke and Max live in (to use a a movie title slant) "Good Country for Old Men". 

I live in "Bad Country for Old Men".
(Mark Twain)

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2019, 11:30:07 AM »
it was sunny and 54 yesterday at noon, 35 at 3, 30 and cloudy at 5, 22 at 7 and 19 when I got home from taking SWMBO out for dinner around 9.
today it's blizzarding and 12 - with a WC around -3.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:35 PM »
We were 1F this morning with moderate snowfall and wind.  Snow has slacked off a bit for now but is coming back tonight.  We are up to about 12F at present and the wood stove is warming the place up. 

Forecast is for snow two more days then cold for another week.  This crap is well on it's way to being the longest cold snap I can remember in the last twenty years that we have lived here.  It has been colder but never as many days in row. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2019, 02:00:32 PM »
We were at -25*F this AM and now at 2:50 PM local time we've warmed up to -4. We'll be headed back down toward -17 tonight and tomorrow we might actually break  0* and get all the way up to a +7F. It looks like it's going to be cold for at least another week.
The wind chill index is just horrid. When we go outside we look like we're wearing a Bbop ball for all the clothes we put on.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2019, 03:34:57 PM »
It's been boringly cold & windy here in northeastern NEBRASKA for nearly the whole month of February.  Not much snow, so far.....the weather dude says we're about 18" below normal right now.  We do have about 4" predicted for tomorrow afternoon and evening, but the brunt of the system will be south of us.  About par for the course because we figure on heading south toward TX & FL tomorrow morning.....we hope to beat the front and get at least as far as Oklahoma City tomorrow night.  It all depends on road conditions and how fast we can drive semi-safely.  We're both getting pretty tired of winter and it'll be a while before we climb aboard the Tri-Glide again, so we are both more than ready for a real road trip! :banana: :banana:

We had an airbag recall on our 2010 Ford Fusion and since the job took 6 hours to complete, the dealership offered Heather a 2017 Lincoln MKZ as a loaner.  The car only had 10,000 miles on it and it came with a 7 year, 100,000 mile, full bumper-to-bumper warranty.  Crafty lot that they are, they suggested that she drive it back home so her husband could drive it, too.  Long story short...we traded. :shrug:    Should be an excellent 'land yacht' for this trip, but it has a LOT of bells & whistles to learn how to use.  The part that I really like is the heated seats that massage your back and butt.....kinda turns me on. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:06:47 PM by wolfy »

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2019, 04:10:57 PM »
I rode in an MKZ awhile back.  One of the ranchers I know has one and we went to lunch in another town so he drove.  This was before you needed a heated seat, probably September, but it was a pretty nice car.  He bought the MKZ cause his wife couldn't get into the pickup anymore.  She died a couple of months after he first got it.

Drive safe Wolfy.
(Mark Twain)

Offline 1066vik

• Whetstone +
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »
wolfy, which route are you driving?
I-29 to I-35 or US 75 to Topeka and picking up the turnpike heading South?
if you're driving through Topeka, SWMBO and I could possibly meet up with you for a coffee or lunch.
from there it's only 4 more hours to OKC (and 3 hours from Omaha)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2019, 09:37:16 PM »
We had an airbag recall on our 2010 Ford Fusion and since the job took 6 hours to complete, the dealership offered Heather a 2017 Lincoln MKZ as a loaner.  The car only had 10,000 miles on it and it came with a 7 year, 100,000 mile, full bumper-to-bumper warranty.  Crafty lot that they are, they suggested that she drive it back home so her husband could drive it, too.  Long story short...we traded. :shrug:    Should be an excellent 'land yacht' for this trip, but it has a LOT of bells & whistles to learn how to use.  The part that I really like is the heated seats that massage your back and butt.....kinda turns me on. :lol:
Sounds like a sweet deal.  Hard pressed to justify something like that though, since we have 4 vehicles in the driveway now.  Come to think of it, I haven't had a car payment since 1986. I don't think I'd know how to act....  :-\

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2019, 08:41:06 AM »
Wolfy doesn't have car payments either OP.   ;)
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2019, 05:58:52 PM »
wolfy, which route are you driving?
I-29 to I-35 or US 75 to Topeka and picking up the turnpike heading South?
if you're driving through Topeka, SWMBO and I could possibly meet up with you for a coffee or lunch.
from there it's only 4 more hours to OKC (and 3 hours from Omaha)

Vik.....I sent you a PM

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »
Well, the weather kind of caught us before we made to OKC, fog & sleet after dark in below freezing temperatures ain't my idea of fun anymore.  I ain't in no hurry, either.....and the motel room in Wichita is nice & warm!! :tent:

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #279 on: February 17, 2019, 05:56:18 AM »
FL going to be in the 80's next week.  FYI.  I know you've been here before, but I think aliens have sucked out driving abilities of most people down here right now,  5 seconds earlier and I would've creamed an older biker that breezed through a redlight in Silver Springs.  Oblivious he just dodged a "Going home to Jesus" moment.  Please drive defensively.  Bad drivers.  Bad manners.  And road rage.  You should be fine over on the west coast.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »
Well Tony I don't think the Florida tourism board will be asking you to do any spots on driving in wonderful Florida anytime soon.  The truth hurts their feelings.
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »
We won't even talk about aerial pics of schooling sharks swimming amongst tourists bathing at Daytona beach that have been around decades.  Those don't seem to get published much.  LOL.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »
Today, up around Wichita, I signaled to turn back into the 'slow' lane after passing a truck, but I must have pushed the stalk past the first detent and it stayed on.  I can't hear worth sour apples, but Heather heard the ticking sound it makes and told me my turn signal was still on.  She's constantly reminding me that I need hearing aids, so I thought fast and told her I was only practicing for driving in Florida. :coffee:

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2019, 09:57:50 PM »
Today, up around Wichita, I signaled to turn back into the 'slow' lane after passing a truck, but I must have pushed the stalk past the first detent and it stayed on.  I can't hear worth sour apples, but Heather heard the ticking sound it makes and told me my turn signal was still on.  She's constantly reminding me that I need hearing aids, so I thought fast and told her I was only practicing for driving in Florida. :coffee:
(NOTE TO SELF: "Look for blinking light on the dash." ) :lol:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #284 on: February 18, 2019, 11:28:44 AM »
I wear hearing aids and still can't hear the clicker.  My wife can hear a mouse fart at night on the other end of the house and she always tells me when I fail to turn off the turn signal.  I seldom look at the dash lights in the day time so a blinking light goes unnoticed. 

Temperature here this morning was 2 below.  The brutal wind that blew the last three or four days left and it was dead calm.  What a marvelous thing to walk in below zero dead calm weather.  Drifts to three feet or so next to bare ground.  Cold will stay around for the next week or more but a few days without wind will be nice.

(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #285 on: February 18, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »

Temperature here this morning was 2 below.  The brutal wind that blew the last three or four days left and it was dead calm.  What a marvelous thing to walk in below zero dead calm weather.  Drifts to three feet or so next to bare ground.  Cold will stay around for the next week or more but a few days without wind will be nice.
I can put up with just about anything but wind. I had 90 mph winds in my living room in Anchorage when a Chinook Wind blew down from the Chugach Mts.  I stood at my garage door grilling burgers and watched a tornado march down Tornado Alley in Omaha.  Where I live now, the annual average wind speed is below 10 mph (can't run wind turbines here), and that suits me just fine!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #286 on: February 18, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »
One of my buddies back home texted me last night to find out how far south we'd gotten and to report that we just made it out of town in the nick o' time.  According to him, we have 6'' of new snow on the ground back home and more on the way for the rest of the week.  Suddenly, the snowless scenery in Oklahoma and Texas became even more breathtakingly beautiful to me! ;D

Tomorrow we will head for San Antonio.....warmer still, than Ft. Worth.  That's OK with me. :)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #287 on: February 18, 2019, 02:09:05 PM »
May I recommend southern scrambled eggs, bacon. and cheese grits for breakfast.  Sausage gravy biscuits tomorrow.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #288 on: February 18, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
Well think of us poor souls stuck up north. 

If I owned hell and South Dakota I would go where its warm.   :P
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
HEY WOLFY!  Where are you now?
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2019, 08:37:20 AM »
Well they forecast a minus 11 F and at 5:54 AM it got down to a minus 17F.  Still calm though so it could have been worse.  I have an aluminum pipe in a fence line by one of the stock water tanks and after checking the tank valve I use the pole to knock off any ice around the rim of the tank.  This morning I got one mitten a bit wet and it was frozen to the pole on contact.  I thought about that poor kid in A Christmas Story and the flag pole.  No pole lickin today.

My mitten sacrificed a bit of skin to get free of the pole. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:46:45 AM by wsdstan »
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2019, 09:10:22 AM »
HEY WOLFY!  Where are you now?

We will be in Marble Falls tonight for a visit with the neighbors & friends that rent our farm ground from us.

He is a BBQ FREAK of the first magnitude, so I am looking forward to that, too.  :drool:

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2019, 06:15:47 PM »
What parts of Florida are you heading to?  If you are anywhere near Jacksonville, give me a shout.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2019, 08:43:12 PM »

What a marvelous thing to walk in below zero dead calm weather.  Drifts to three feet or so next to bare ground. 

My apology for snipping your words. Marvelous- such a great word.

For me the feeling of being in the cold, with the Sun, and maybe even "especially" without wind is indeed Marvelous. 'Round here, below zero, no wind and sunshine is a rare combo..even in the dead of winter. When it happens- I will be out...even if it's night time. 2/3 is good enough
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2019, 08:53:03 PM »
I had many days like that, tour skiing in South Central Alaska.  The experience carves itself into your DNA!  :thumbsup:

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »
Into your DNA!  :thumbsup:

The Cold quotes keep happening! Well thought OP. Well said! ( and well quoted Unk) That is it. This sort of thing is in the DNA. The forest, the love of Nature, preparing, being ready for a long winter shaped my ancestors. I think of that often, and should act upon it more.
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »
What parts of Florida are you heading to?  If you are anywhere near Jacksonville, give me a shout.

Unfortunately, Jacksonville is on the wrong side of the state for our present itinerary, but that seems to change at the drop of a hat, too.  I have never been to Savannah, GA and I'd like to head up that way after leaving FL, if time and the weather permits.  In that case, it is entirely possible that we may be over in your vicinity.....I'll PM you with my cell # :thumbsup:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
Our latest 7 day forecast is for more cold and snow followed by more cold and snow.   :-X
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »
Anchorage is lookin' mighty good these days!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #299 on: February 21, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »
So's San Antonio @ 58* today.....we left Nebraska last Saturday with that Arctic cold & snow nipping at our heels all the way down here.  For once, I picked the right time to head out on a trip.  Last time, we drove in heavy rain from Omaha to Fort Worth, but at least there wasn't any ice to deal with. :)

The bluebells are beginning to bloom in Texas....pretty! :banana: