Author Topic: Quick and dirty gobo arm for phone camera.  (Read 105 times)

Offline weedeater64

• Whetstone +
Quick and dirty gobo arm for phone camera.
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:08:50 AM »
Ever tried to take a pic/video showing how to do something that requires two hands?

Here's how to make a quick and dirty gobo arm for your phone.

* I used 3/4" dowel and matching drill bit for holes.

* One of the pieces with a hole gets clamped to table/workbench with hole hanging over edge.

* Insert dowel into hole, rubberband may be needed to keep from slipping. Seen on right near label in pic.

* Put other piece with hole onto dowel and adjust height. I needed no rubberband here.

* Use another rubberband to fix camera to this piece.

You can adjust height and swing the arm easily. It lacks the ability to rotate camera angle, it just looks straight down as is.
It is time to refuse to tiptoe around people who claim respect, consideration, special treatment, on the grounds that they have a religious faith, as if having faith were a privilege endowing virtue, as if it were noble to believe in unsupported claims and ancient superstitions. - A.C. Grayling

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
Re: Quick and dirty gobo arm for phone camera.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:44:54 AM »
need to see the finished project. Our dollar stores have a selfie stick that has a removable end. You can use that end that squeezes the phone to attach to any tripod or single bolt standard camera holder.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.