Author Topic: Neos Navigator over boots.  (Read 1012 times)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Neos Navigator over boots.
« on: February 16, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »
The last four years I have been using Neos Navigator boots when it is below zero and/or we have deep snow.  These boots are very quickly put on or taken off and offer a lot of flexibility in how you use them. 

First you can wear a variety of shoes or boots in them.  I often wear fleece lined slippers in them when shoveling snow or running the tractor.  If I am snowshoeing with them I wear lightweight boots like a pair of Chukka boots or Clark's Treks.

Secondly you can also wear Pac boot liners in them when it is extremely cold or you are doing something like sitting in a tree stand.

These boots are fairly easy to walk in, have held up quite well, and are useful in a variety of cold weather applications like snowshoeing, stand hunting, ice fishing, and running a snow sled or tractor. 

Retail price varies from $120 to $150 depending on the retail outlet.  They are sized in S M L XL  XXL ranges.  The XL works well with my boots and I wear a 10.5 shoe.  The Navigators are lightly insulated.  The outer shell is cordura nylon and the soles are a synthetic molded product with good tread design.

This photo is when I first started using them.  I have replaced my Pac boots, Air Force MukLuks, and Tingley overshoes with these boots.  I still use my Muck boots when conditions are cold and muddy or it involves working cattle where one needs to be as quick on their feet as they can get.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
Re: Neos Navigator over boots.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
Great review, i like how you wait four years before your post, that is more than enough time to give a fair and informed opinion.
Nice matters

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 06:04:05 PM »
I've never heard of them before, but they remind me of a space-age mukluk.  I like the idea of being able to add felt liners and wearing over other types of footwear, as well.  The main attraction for me is that they look a lightweight answer to replacing my old worn out Sorels that have holes worn through the leather uppers.  They are still nice & warm and the rubber bottoms are still OK, but they have always been HEAVY.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for them.....and late-season SALES! ;D
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »
Great review, i like how you wait four years before your post, that is more than enough time to give a fair and informed opinion.

Thanks Orbean.  The truth is I haven't posted anything about gear in a long while so I thought, since I have been wearing these things a lot this year, it was time to tell you what I think of them.   :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:45:05 PM by wsdstan »
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Dano

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the great review Stan, i?ve been thinking about getting something along those lines for a long time but wasn?t sure about using them without boots/shoes inside.  I like the idea of using felt liners in them.  I?m going to do like Wolfy said and keep me eye on a end of season sale.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:52:39 AM »

Thanks Orbean.  The truth is I haven't posted anything about gear in a long while so I thought, since I have been wearing these things a lot this year, it was time to tell you what I think of them.   :)

I have seen too many reviews where the gear still looked brand new, guess they are reviewing how pretty it is. It takes time to properly test out the usefulness of a piece of gear.
Nice matters

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 05:36:13 PM »
Thanks Stan for the review.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 09:53:22 AM »
Those are awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Onto the wishlist they go!
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"