Author Topic: San Antonio?  (Read 607 times)

Offline Texas Daywalker

• Mill File
San Antonio?
« on: February 17, 2018, 06:02:36 PM »
Anyone from around San Antonio? Don't seem to be a lot of bushcraft going on around here. Looking for some fellow bushcrafter's to meet and greet.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
Re: San Antonio?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:22:46 AM »
New Mexico here, but I did go to St Marys University for a couple of years. Great city but humid as hell
Nice matters

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
If all goes as planned, we should be in San Antonio for a few days sometime in March.  Heather's sister and two of my nieces live there, but we usually go there in the first part of January, so I don't know what the weather is like when it gets closer to Springtime.  Being there in January was a great respite from the weather up here during the winter, so I guess we'll see. :-\
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline SIXFOOTER

• Whetstone +
  • Wandering Smartass
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:31:30 PM »
By March the San Antonio is in pretty good weather, can be wet but not too cold.
Might be fun to run down for a weekend camp trip
Maker of all things Archaic, Hoarder of Gear and Fluent speaker of BS
Sixfooter got bit by a snake like that once, then after 4 agonizing days... The snake finally died....

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibberish
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
Anyone from around San Antonio? Don't seem to be a lot of bushcraft going on around here. Looking for some fellow bushcrafter's to meet and greet.

There has been in recent past, a big meet in San Saba. If it continues to run I do not know. One of the double memberships brothers might offer some info. Even though I cannot in good conscience recommend another forum, there are probably some good people in the areas nearby. Just not posting here to my knowledge.

Have you looked to the TX subforum? I can't be sure there is a single post there, but there might be a name or two you could open a dialogue with
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown