Author Topic: Easter Weekend Digs (pics)  (Read 742 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Easter Weekend Digs (pics)
« on: April 01, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »
    Not really bushcraft (but I did gift my nephew a coupla knives.  And river time is outdoor time.)

This is Kelly's sister's and BIL's river place.  We have spent a lot of time down here and with my SIL and BIL.  They homeschooled their kids and when  a 17 yo young man and 2 20 something young women (One has her carry permit.)say, Yes sir, No sir, and pray;  I have no problem hanging with "that" generation for a few days.  The place is on the Rainbow River.  Crystal clear spring run originating not far upstream of here from a first magnitude spring that runs 5.7 miles into the Withlacoochee River.

Ready for the evening fire.

These two neices blew my WW friends' minds 7 years ago when they paddled SUP's down the Nantahala River in NC.  A class II-III COLD run. First time on paddle boards.  Ever. No falls.  They are amazing. the one on the right is a Miami Dolphin's cheerleader and on the left a budding singer with 3 songs cut and out there.

Max on watch for evil river pirates, otters, gators, mysterious float things, and fish.  He'll go in head first to catch them.

3 sisters trying to be teenage cool.  C'mon.  You all are old enough to be Grandma's.  Fun family.

For those of you slogging through snow and muddy slush still.  I have put on my FL footwear until Jan 2019.

Max was exhausted by the younger dogs and so many people he snuck in a nap under a bush. 

Pretty great way to spend the weekend.

Have a blessed Easter.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Easter Weekend Digs (pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 07:54:09 AM »
Nice place, cute girls, lotsa dogs, water, good weather, smiles, and firepits.   Not one of them gators, snakes, biting bugs, lions, or snapping turtles in sight. 

It is 18 degrees here but the wind isn't blowing.

Happy Easter Tony.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »
Good stuff, Tony!  I'd say enjoy your Easter weekend, but it looks like you are!
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »
Thats florida living at its finest, Enjoy Tony an Kelly, Happy Easter to all.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
What a great time you all must have had....I could FEEL it in your descriptions!   It does not surprise me much when you describe how the family has conducted their lives.  I was especially taken with the photo and caption about your two gorgeous nieces.....they will go far in life!  You have every reason to be a proud Uncle, Tony. :thumbsup:

The other photo that caused me great envy was the 'selfie' of your nicely manicured toenails! :hail:    Mine look llike rottted punk wood or a chaga burl, but I doubt that they are capable of catching a spark. :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 10:52:01 AM »
Sounds and looks like a great family and a great place to spend some quality time.  Happy Easter to you, your family,  and everyone here.

Offline Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »
Great pics!
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
Cute? They are beautiful!! Any chance on a name for her music? What genre is it?

Beautiful scenery as well. I miss trucking down south. It gave me spring fever even if it was January. Always green and lush. The snow is almost gone in the woods but we are getting 2 more inches tonight :(
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 10:50:24 AM »
Thanks xj35s.  They are strong  (without being amazon) women.  And they'll fool you with they're sweet demeanors. I'll see what I can do about info on her music.  My wife knows.  But MIL was admitted this morning and Kelly will go straight there after school.

I pushed my 2wd F-250 to it's max in sand today.  I just need to start on a renovation on my Scrambler.  There was no road/trail here that beat it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:00:44 AM by madmax »
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 04:59:38 PM »
Sand is tough.

Prayer to your MIL.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Yeoman

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »
Happy belated Easter.
Looks like a fine time.
"Learning: a continuation of the failure process"