Author Topic: Isthis the iceage?  (Read 404 times)

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
Isthis the iceage?
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:56:23 AM »
it's still snowing out there the yard is deeper than i've ever seen it.
will try to post photos and squeeze the wolf in to.
it kinda looks like they may have plowed the road not really sure.
about all i can say good is we have supplies and firewood.
it's not cold just snowy. the yard has about 2-4feet or better.
might be nice to make a pot of chili for supper.
so what does your yard look like.
btw it would'nt be so bad if we had som penquins and baby polarbers milling about
in the yard.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
Re: Isthis the iceage?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »
My yard is green. Have apricots for the second year which has not happen for years. Corn, sunflowers, climbing beans, and strawberries are all looking good. But we need water.
Nice matters

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
We are muddy.  Nothing grows around here except grass until the first couple of weeks in May.  Our last freeze date for a freeze is in late May so not vegetables are planted much before that date.  No snow is left except in the Black Hills south of us.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline duxdawg

• Whetstone +
  • paleo/primitive/aboriginal, Fur Trade, Wilderness
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »
Many things are cyclical. History and Nature being no exceptions.
We are currently heading into a Grand Solar Minimum. Our nearest star (aka the sun) being responsible for 98% of all weather on Earth, that's a big deal. Winters will be getting longer, colder, with more snow.

These ARE the good old days.

Offline duxdawg

• Whetstone +
  • paleo/primitive/aboriginal, Fur Trade, Wilderness
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »
Speaking of the sun causing almost the entirety of weather on this Ol' mud ball...
Anyone else looking into the Electric Universe Theory?

Plausible that solar weather drives storms, earthquakes, etc here on Earth. The correlations are stacking up. Could greatly improve weather forecasting. Worth taking a peek.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:18 AM »
Speaking of the sun causing almost the entirety of weather on this Ol' mud ball...
Anyone else looking into the Electric Universe Theory?

Plausible that solar weather drives storms, earthquakes, etc here on Earth. The correlations are stacking up. Could greatly improve weather forecasting. Worth taking a peek.

I find that very interesting, after reading two books on weather, have learned that even a couple of weeks out the accuracy of predictions is spot on but the models fall apart rapidly after that. I cant see how space weather does not affect our own so maybe this is what meteorologists need to make longer range predictions more accurate.
Nice matters

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:02 AM »
I use a couple sites to stay current with weather conditions around the world.

earth.nullschool.ne t        you need to click on "earth" in the lower left corner. Then start clicking on things that you think might be           interesting. Wind direction/velocity, wave height and frequency, Temperatures, particulates in the atmosphere, and lots more. Click, hold and drag on the earth image to navigate around the world.

spaceweather.com         If you haven't been there, it's worth a look. Sunspot activity, solar wind, aurora probabilities, and lots more.

spaceweatherwoman.c om is a straight forward, no nonsense, plain English site about our current and short term projected space weather.

Hope you find these interesting if you haven't been there before.