Author Topic: NEWS THAT IS APPARENTLY NOT NEWS  (Read 336 times)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
NEWS THAT IS APPARENTLY NOT NEWS
« on: May 02, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
The National walkout, organized by students in support of the 2nd Ammendment was completely ignored by both NBC & ABC NEWS this evening.....I am so surprised! :rolleyes:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5ae9fb9be4b022f71a047db3/amp
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
Re: NEWS THAT IS APPARENTLY NOT NEWS
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:24:47 PM »
I do not like kids walking out of school, they should be suspended no mater what side of the argument they are on. These kids really do not have a say, they don't vote, pay taxes or support a household. Their opinions mean nothing to me. Not enough life experience. This is out of hand. Students should be in school, not on the street protesting. I am pro-gun but.....
Nice matters

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:15:28 PM »
I agree with you 100% on all those points, BUT I consider it par for the course that the network 'news' sources gave ZERO coverage of a pro 2nd Ammendment student action, while giving incessant coverage to those students calling for more 'gun control,' time and time again.  So much for unbiased or fair & accurate news coverage.  :coffee:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »
The news media in this country is a cesspool of liberals who think they can tell us how to think and to edit out information to fit their agenda.  They are no longer are journalists.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:09:39 PM »
I agree with you 100% on all those points, BUT I consider it par for the course that the network 'news' sources gave ZERO coverage of a pro 2nd Ammendment student action, while giving incessant coverage to those students calling for more 'gun control,' time and time again.  So much for unbiased or fair & accurate news coverage.  :coffee:

I agree, but we all know that the major media is bias far to the left. I understand the frustration of the pro-gun kids. I am willing to bet that as a group they do well in high school and are the type of teenagers most of us can understand, are more in command of their emotions. Most of these anti-gun kids are emotional basket cases, I am will to bet dollars to donuts and give points.
Nice matters

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 10:11:53 PM »
The news media in this country is a cesspool of liberals who think they can tell us how to think and to edit out information to fit their agenda.  They are no longer are journalists.

Its coming back to bite them in the butt. The trust of the mainstream media among the average American is zil, nada.
Nice matters

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »
The kids that represent conservative values and constitutional rights should not lower themselves to the left nuts level.  Take the high road.  Protest on social media.  March on Saturday.  That sort of thing.  Nobody wants to see a right wing Emma Gonzalez  or that Hogg twerp embarrassing themselves on TV and skipping school.  It won't help us.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson