Author Topic: Book(s) Suggestions?  (Read 569 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Book(s) Suggestions?
« on: May 16, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »
    I'm gathering reading material for the summer.  Anybody have a suggestion for Ruby Ridge? 
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline randyt

• Whetstone +
Re: Book(s) Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 02:57:58 PM »
Try, The Federal Siege At Ruby Ridge by Randy and Sara Weaver

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:39:10 PM »
Thank you randyt.  That one looks like a good one.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline lgm

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
  • Bacon eater.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 04:09:15 PM »
Kind of off topic but maybe we could start a book share.  I know I have a few I wouldn't mind sending off if I knew they would be read.
What a great day to be outside.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
Sounds good to me.  I've shared a few books on B&B.  One I've been looking for is..

House of Leaves.  Weird horror cult book.

I'll see what I have to share.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:17:57 PM by madmax »
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:51:52 PM »
Tony,  are you looking for real books, or ebooks?

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:04 AM »
Sam,  you know I'm a real book kinda guy.  Especially since we have no good way to charge our computer in NC. The Subaru is horrible at that.  We get to town once in awhile and plug into a fast food outlet.

I've never read an e-book.  I still can't operate my phone well.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:55:36 AM »
heck Tony,  even I can handle ebooks.  I read them on my iPad mini.  Download and they are there.  As we have shown on some of our trips,  I can charge the iPad from a solar power source.  It runs for days.   Thousands of titles, and for cheap.   
On this trip to my Miami place,  I brought 8 print books, and three new ebooks.   Can't stand the thought of running out of reading material.     :)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 06:38:10 AM »
I'll check into this today.  Maybe I can "evolve".
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline randyt

• Whetstone +
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 03:47:25 PM »
sometimes I download a book into my kindle and if it passes muster, I'll order a printed copy. I like a real book

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 01:50:59 PM »
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 02:16:26 PM »
Boy Graylon.  That led me down some rabbit holes of "don't need" but "I want!"  LOL.  Funny how I get wrapped up in brand loyalty.  Always had Remi's.  Mossy's got some cool stuff.

I will order that book too.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:25:54 PM by madmax »
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 05:11:15 PM »
I'll check into this today.  Maybe I can "evolve".

I have an amazon tablet that works well for downloading and reading, cost fifty bucks. It sure comes in handy when space is limited. It did not take long to get used to reading on a tablet, but charging it can be an issue if an outlet is not readily available. A nice feature is it has its own lighting so reading in bed does not cause an issue with the better half
Nice matters

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »
Thanks Orbean.  I'm looking into those.
Hunter S, Thompson