Author Topic: Sorry. Can't find the super secret place  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
Re: Sorry. Can't find the super secret place
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2018, 11:03:59 PM »
You know how much I hate re-reading my own posts :lol:
    But if I did in fact say: All the people

Perhaps you could provide a bit of snippet to quote that and I shall provide some definitions to explain my usage of the phrase. ALL, hard to imagine really. Some, I assume, are good people nevertheless If the greatest bulk of them where to sod their bottoms and flip off into the air; I shall not be bothered in the least
Simple. By "all the people" I'm referring to all Americans, and all people in other countries who have been subjected to the world-wide cabal that views themselves as superior and the rest of the human race as cattle.
By 'all Americans', I mean U.S. Citizens who believe in the principles upon which this democratic republic were founded (among others: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness).
This includes those who seem not to care one way or the other, but are dragged along, kicking and screaming, to ultimately benefit from the yoke being lifted and true Freedom enjoyed by all.
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 11:18:48 PM »
You sound like the typical radical rabble-rouser to me, Ol' P. :lol: :cheers:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
You sound like the typical radical rabble-rouser to me, Ol' P. :lol: :cheers:

"The only thing worse than being wrong, is being right when nobody's listening." :cheers:

Stay tuned...but you won't hear anything from the Corporate Media until they are scrambling for their livelihoods.

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2018, 12:44:46 AM »
Did the no - politics  rules get 86'd recently?  I see complaints that no one is visiting the site anymore but then we get these verbal - diarrhea political threads, and I think those two points are related. Bad enough the drumbeat of ceaseless negatively on the TV but some insist on tracking it in here on their boots. What is the point of it?
To address the thought of "ceaseless negativity", there is an alternative.
And this post is apolitical. It concerns (as Unk mentioned) ALL the people.
Is anyone even vaguely aware of "The Great Awakening", or "The Storm"?  Does anyone even know what the "Q-Anon" dialogue is all about? How about the "Walk Away" campaign?
People are waking up, and it's bipartisan.

The Great Awakening. First, Second or Third? the Fourth is still a work in progress and it's being debated as to weather it exists yet or not.
The Storm is a conspiracy theory put forth by Qanon. A group of posters who wish to remain anonymous. In other words they can say what ever they want and there are no repercussions.
The Walk-a-way campaign started by Brandon Straka seems to have spawned quite a T-Shirt business.
All of this reminded me of Tom Terrific and his mighty wonder dog Manfred. Tom wore a great hat. :banana: :banana: :banana: :lol:

Thanks for bringing this subject matter up. It was outside my circle of awareness. Guess I live a sheltered and protected lifestyle.
Now, if you'll excuse me for a few minutes, I need to talk to Tom about where he got that hat. :D

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2018, 07:16:49 AM »
I know nothing about any of that. Gonna google some later. maybe.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
Interesting thread. I'll say that as I get older and my body aches more when I get up in the morning, I find that I have less and less tolerance for being "gotcha'd" by rules, and that being called a hypocrite has a lot less sting now than it did ten or twenty years ago. If everyone played by the same rules and nobody ever cheated, then perhaps I'd be more inclined to stick to it myself. But as things stand now, I think we are in a culture war and the other side is fighting dirty. We aren't going to win by conceding every time we are caught breaking the rules, while the opposition doesn't even acknowledge them.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »
Interesting thread. I'll say that as I get older and my body aches more when I get up in the morning, I find that I have less and less tolerance for being "gotcha'd" by rules, and that being called a hypocrite has a lot less sting now than it did ten or twenty years ago. If everyone played by the same rules and nobody ever cheated, then perhaps I'd be more inclined to stick to it myself. But as things stand now, I think we are in a culture war and the other side is fighting dirty. We aren't going to win by conceding every time we are caught breaking the rules, while the opposition doesn't even acknowledge them.
Political ideology and religious ideology aren't much different, except that in the former the damage is more far-reaching and nefarious. It's hard to fight an enemy in the shadows, especially when many decades of "programming" have made most people blind to their very existence. Complacent to the point they don't even want to know.  The end result of the concerted "dumbing down" of the masses.

If anyone is inclined to wander around Google (or more secure search engines), try looking up George Soros, and/or the Rothchilds.  Don't just stop at the first half-dozen hits you get. And weigh the debunkers articles against their possible agenda, just like product reviews that are actually pushing a specific product.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
I can't think of a much more nauseating way to spend what precious time I have left on this blue marble than reading about George Soros and his ilk! :puke:

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
the key thing here is division, we have all been devided a hundred ways.
not by accident but by design, left/right dems and reps, pro this anti that.
sound famililar. as long as a nations people are strongly devided
how then can we stand up to those who control our very lives.
we are entering into a time in which this entire nation will be ripped apart
it will be destroyed from within by fifth columists.
since F.D.R our elected officials have voted consistently to rob this nation
of it's freedoms and liberties. for generations we have argued and fought eachother
over political beliefs well meanwhile we were stripped of everything.
something to think about.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2018, 06:18:47 PM »
What the heck are Culture Wars or The Culture War? Who, what,why when,where, how did these different cultures arise? Do you think Peoples could actually, really be dddddifferent? Could it be that People's have different ideas, perceptions, or just- ways of being that could possibly render them, incompatible?

OP, I don't see in any benefit to the "Posterity" of the Foundersi from any Walk Away types. The movement being little more than an invasion of more undesirable types. " I used to be a degenerate, but now I'm not. Now I'm a conservative degenerate :-*" it looks more like a psyop to obfuscate the base.

The World Wide Cabal? I had a great uncle that used to talk like that and look what(((they))) did to him!!! -but then again, Q predicted it ;)

It should be plain as the nose on the face. There is one Race behind the international banking schemes, multinational corporations, the control of media and Hollywood...it's the Human Race....right?
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 10:55:50 PM »
What the heck are Culture Wars or The Culture War? Who, what,why when,where, how did these different cultures arise? Do you think Peoples could actually, really be dddddifferent? Could it be that People's have different ideas, perceptions, or just- ways of being that could possibly render them, incompatible?
Only if one culture is intolerant of another.
 OP, I don't see in any benefit to the "Posterity" of the Foundersi from any Walk Away types. The movement being little more than an invasion of more undesirable types. " I used to be a degenerate, but now I'm not. Now I'm a conservative degenerate :-*" it looks more like a psyop to obfuscate the base.
What the heck does that even mean?  The "Walk Away" movement is about people "walking away" from the hate-mongering Democrat Party.
The World Wide Cabal? I had a great uncle that used to talk like that and look what(((they))) did to him!!! -but then again, Q predicted it ;)

It should be plain as the nose on the face. There is one Race behind the international banking schemes, multinational corporations, the control of media and Hollywood...it's the Human Race....right?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 05:09:48 AM »

WHAT are you talking about,  nothing in the above makes any sense, well maybe, except to you.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2018, 06:51:30 AM »

WHAT are you talking about,  nothing in the above makes any sense, well maybe, except to you.

I try to understand his posts so I can learn unknowns point of view, but no of it sinks in. Its like he pulls random words out of the dictionary
Nice matters

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
I never claimed To be 100%  I have my weaknesses and some of them are strong.

Here. Just work through those initial questions. Even though I gave you the correct answer, they are not meant to be rhetorical.

Then you see that part: "OP" that was all meant in response to the, red pill yourself, plea(s) by Old Philosopher.

I had a more detailed response, now lost to the vagaries of touch screen communication
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 06:34:21 PM »
The unfortunate reality is the Blue Pill tastes better (usually sugar coated), and is more convenient to swallow.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2018, 07:47:54 PM »
OP you say tolerance allows/ leads to compatibility of cultures.
    Okay

I will accept that with some qualifications: not in the same neighborhood, region, border, State or Rule.
   That's why people go on adventure vacation- to tour strange, exotic lands.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »
OP you say tolerance allows/ leads to compatibility of cultures.
    Okay

I will accept that with some qualifications: not in the same neighborhood, region, border, State or Rule.
   That's why people go on adventure vacation- to tour strange, exotic lands.
Is that why places like China Town, Little Italy, Little Cuba, and most ghettos exist in the U.S.?

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2018, 07:54:24 AM »
There's an old saying about that: Birds of a feather, flock together. :coffee:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »
OP and Wolfy said what I was thinking.  There are certain cultures that coexist well in western civilization.  Then there are some who do not. 

Vietnamese refugees live in a fairly closed culture to outsiders but are pro-western.  Chinese and, to some degree legal Hispanic, cultures also exist here in relative harmony.  Indian culture (from India) seems to coexist well with us also.   There are probably others that do as well, like the Irish.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2018, 03:21:22 PM »
OP and Wolfy said what I was thinking.  There are certain cultures that coexist well in western civilization.  Then there are some who do not. 

Vietnamese refugees live in a fairly closed culture to outsiders but are pro-western.  Chinese and, to some degree legal Hispanic, cultures also exist here in relative harmony.  Indian culture (from India) seems to coexist well with us also.   There are probably others that do as well, like the Irish.
Conversely, those who do not embrace Western (or Far Eastern) values do not. Those who do not wish to assimilate, but rather change those values are, by definition, incompatible.  Fanatics, in whatever vein, are also incompatible with most other cultures.  Their fanaticism, by its very nature, prevents them from accepting other views, cultures and traditions.

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2018, 04:29:29 PM »
Conversely, those who do not embrace Western (or Far Eastern) values do not. Those who do not wish to assimilate, but rather change those values are, by definition, incompatible.  Fanatics, in whatever vein, are also incompatible with most other cultures.  Their fanaticism, by its very nature, prevents them from accepting other views, cultures and traditions.

Do I detect a certain irony in parts of this reply?

Sorry, couldn't resist. (Nudge and a grin)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2018, 05:07:07 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by Embracing. I will agree there are folk who immigrate to the US that don't make too many waves-as in cause confrontation, controversy or do violent crime. Minority status and generous policy could make for a whole lot of -go along to get along. As well the main lesson for proper assimilation  from the top - don't poop where you eat. By Top, I am referring to the Patriarch, matriarch- whoever acts as sponsor for family groups to immigrate.

I'm not a Lawyer; no, I'm not bragging by saying so, but I do know enough to say that exploiting the system for some individuals and groups is extremely advantageous and lucrative. Even a low IQ population can milk the teet and live far better in American squalor than staying home.

Why? All I can come up with such goings-on allows the Republican to send the signal> Not Racist

I don't use a dictionary, nor a thesaurus. I do rely on spellcheck and tend toward a dramatic flourish with punctuation. English is my only language so I know the different words :shrug: nevertheless I can still struggle for a definition of: Hate. What about you?

I hate this heat, cold, restaurant, traffic- it really is a meaningless word. There are lots of those being bandied about these days.

No promise for a quality post yet again lads. Typed as fast as my thumbs can go, with fontto small for me to read.  :-*
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »

Do I detect a certain irony in parts of this reply?

Sorry, couldn't resist. (Nudge and a grin)
I guess it depends upon your connotation of "fanatic".  The flag word in vogue right now is "radical". Maybe that fits better nowadays.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2018, 06:52:35 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by Embracing. I will agree there are folk who immigrate to the US that don't make too many waves-as in cause confrontation, controversy or do violent crime. Minority status and generous policy could make for a whole lot of -go along to get along. As well the main lesson for proper assimilation  from the top - don't poop where you eat. By Top, I am referring to the Patriarch, matriarch- whoever acts as sponsor for family groups to immigrate.

I'm not a Lawyer; no, I'm not bragging by saying so, but I do know enough to say that exploiting the system for some individuals and groups is extremely advantageous and lucrative. Even a low IQ population can milk the teet and live far better in American squalor than staying home.

Why? All I can come up with such goings-on allows the Republican to send the signal> Not Racist

I don't use a dictionary, nor a thesaurus. I do rely on spellcheck and tend toward a dramatic flourish with punctuation. English is my only language so I know the different words :shrug: nevertheless I can still struggle for a definition of: Hate. What about you?

I hate this heat, cold, restaurant, traffic- it really is a meaningless word. There are lots of those being bandied about these days.

No promise for a quality post yet again lads. Typed as fast as my thumbs can go, with fontto small for me to read.  :-*

Well said Unk,  up to your usual, clear as mud. 

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
Clear as mud?  LOL! 

Some of of Unk's posts remind me of the comedian, Norm Crosby, who fractured sentences by using complicated words.  Something like..... "did you know that girls who go to that college are required to show their thesis to the professors and that all of the students must matriculate together at the end of the school year?.   That isn't a bad thing as they are often worth a good laugh which is important in today's political and cultural soap opera.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
Here is another for you gents...it is better to criticize and discuss that old Unk
  Than to pick up on any...
Any, idea or notion that crossed your mind related to anything so far discussed here.

Pretty GD weak minded.  :-\ . On your part

-Unknown

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:43 PM »
If a coherent sentence is a sign of a weak mind, then we are in the presence of true genius.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2018, 04:59:52 AM »
Here is another for you gents...it is better to criticize and discuss that old Unk
Any, idea or notion that crossed your mind related to anything so far discussed here.

LOL, Sorry Unk, no offense intended,  my post was more a cry of frustration rather than a criticism of your choice of language,  you do have to admit that there are times when only you know what you're saying while the rest of us are left with a big question mark floating above our heads.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2018, 03:36:49 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I believe I understood what he was saying very clearly.

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2018, 04:51:20 PM »
I'm sorry.... :lol:

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2018, 09:35:31 PM »

LOL, Sorry Unk, no offense intended,  my post was more a cry of frustration rather than a criticism of your choice of language,  you do have to admit that there are times when only you know what you're saying while the rest of us are left with a big question mark floating above our heads.

I think one aspect of you and yours lack may be an inability to recall the stuff posted ahead of my replies. For instance, I have already admitted there are times...
   perhaps y'all are being obtuse on purpose?
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2018, 09:47:35 PM »

Imo, kinda like saying you sharpen your own knives. "Understood": not the same as agree.  :cheers: that's fine
                                                  -Unknown

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 05:45:10 AM »
Came home yesterday for a round of Dr. and dentist appointments.

I paddled twice a week with the gang after the meltdown.  I didn't invite my friend who wore the MAGA hat to paddle and provoke again. I didn't bring up politics and neither did they.  We had a ton of stuff to talk about without that.  We drank beer and ate at the takeout and told tall tales.  Nobody's mind was changed.  No one jumped ship to the other side (#walkaway  lol).  We talked about past trips, bucket lists, good eats in various towns (2 entrepreneurial restaurateurs in the group), and new whitewater gear (a couple of guys are in the biz and get free prototypes) we coveted.  We even talked bushcraft some.  One fellow was experienced in it and would've fit right in on a Pot and Machete trip.  Open fire cast iron cooking intrigued the chefs.  A couple prancing UL hikers were aghast at our camping techniques but swallowed it fairly well.

Almost like old times.  I don't imagine the strain will get better in the next 2 years but we saved this summer.  But I won't be "not wearing" my NRA or MAGA hats down here in FL.  And everything goes with camo.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Punty

• Whetstone +
  • puntyventures.com
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »
  The first thing you need to understand, is that leftists derive their political views from emotion, and they self identify with their political beliefs. It is "who they are". It is how they measure whether they are a good person or not.

That means that;

A) Debate, or even discussion, is not productive. To try to discuss their views, in their mind, you are like a psychologist trying to tell them that they're feelings aren't real. It's pointless.

B) Because they derive their self image from their political beliefs, any challenge to their beliefs is a personal attack. Your not challenging their beliefs, in their mind, you are insulting them. You are impugning who they are as a person. That makes you an evil. despicable, hateful person....and who wants to be friends with an evil, despicable, hateful person?

Got that so far?   Here is the solution;

Smile knowingly. Don't say anything at all. Just smile. If they ask a question or challenge you, and they will...because if they don't confirm that you are in agreement with them, in their mind you see them as a small, lesser, stupid person....and they're not going to like that, and their self defense mechanism will be to attack you personally and try to demean you, and call you stupid, and bigoted, or whatever...because in their mind, you've already done that to them...even if you never said anything.

So...what good is "smiling knowingly".  Not much, in the short term. But, down the road when it gets brought up, you'll be able to say "I never said a word the whole time, I didn't say anything. I don't even know where all that came from." And then smile. Knowingly.

That, my friend, is the ONLY moral high ground you will ever be granted by a leftist. That you never said anything at all. It was all them.

Cheers. :cheers:
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Ecclesiastes 10:10

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2018, 03:55:46 PM »
Punty, I agree completely with your assessment of left-wing motivation.  People have three different belief systems:
1. Primary - their faith, their deep personal convictions that define them as a human being.
2. Secondary - Self-image. How they believe others see them. Secondary beliefs are fairly entrenched, based upon personal experience and interactions.
3. Tertiary - Superficial beliefs that are subject to change, like a preference in hand soap, or toothpaste.

With most Liberals, you are dealing with a Primary Belief (as you described), and suggesting that their political beliefs are ill-rooted is no different than questioning their religious belief system.  The indoctrination has been that pervasive.

Where we diverge is how to treat them.  No, you can't "convert" them to rational thinking. But by passively smiling and remaining silent, you validate their values, and strengthen them.  You appear to "have no argument" with their views, and thereby make them even more sure that their beliefs are valid.
You have effectively become part of the "Silent Majority"...and we know where being silent has got us over the past 50 years.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »
Punty, see my reply (#11) on the first page. :cheers:

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2018, 05:56:48 AM »
 I have high hopes that at some point in the future (the sooner the better) that science will find a cure for Liberal/progressive disorder,  better yet find the gene that causes it in some people and eliminate the illness completely like they did with Polio.
 I've gotten to the age where I've lost most of my taste for debate or worse, argument,  I'm just about at that point in my life that when a Liberal/progressive/socialist or a Big L Libertarian starts their ranting about capitalism, racism, bigotry,  the wealthy,  man's inequality to man, or how the government is run by corporations and enforces it's will on society at the point of a gun my initial thought is to look around for a piece of 2"x4", pipe, or a stray shovel to use to straighten out the crooked spot in their brain that's causing their distemper.
 But then logic kicks in (the realization that I could do prison time) and I try very very hard to control my basic human impulse to end the aggression, like you would with a giant biting horsefly or a wasp or a bothersome schitt fly,  my usual next response is to set my eyes to 'stern' and point my right index finger at their nose and say "Don't go there unless you want to be carried away by a couple of EMT's",  I've thrown my sister in law out of my house so often for uttering praise for BO that when she comes to visit my wife now she wears a "Save America" Trump campaign pin on her purse strap.

Remember Hilary's motto, "it takes a village",  well mine is "It's going to take a Purge".   

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2018, 06:08:02 AM »
well gee i'm sure learning alot on this fourm.
so far i've found out what a tweeker is .
and what maga means. a twearker means
a miley cyrus type or the otherone from the super bowl
my buddy told me about.
as for political well my soapbox is in the shop.and then there's those other
issues i'm no longer able to speak of on the fourm lest i be banned,
well God bless america and the first amendment,
the truth is indeed a dangerous thing.

Offline Punty

• Whetstone +
  • puntyventures.com
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2018, 07:05:09 AM »
Punty, I agree completely with your assessment of left-wing motivation.  People have three different belief systems:
1. Primary - their faith, their deep personal convictions that define them as a human being.
2. Secondary - Self-image. How they believe others see them. Secondary beliefs are fairly entrenched, based upon personal experience and interactions.
3. Tertiary - Superficial beliefs that are subject to change, like a preference in hand soap, or toothpaste.

With most Liberals, you are dealing with a Primary Belief (as you described), and suggesting that their political beliefs are ill-rooted is no different than questioning their religious belief system.  The indoctrination has been that pervasive.

Where we diverge is how to treat them.  No, you can't "convert" them to rational thinking. But by passively smiling and remaining silent, you validate their values, and strengthen them.  You appear to "have no argument" with their views, and thereby make them even more sure that their beliefs are valid.
You have effectively become part of the "Silent Majority"...and we know where being silent has got us over the past 50 years.

Well, we probably come at it from different perspectives.  From my perspective, I don't care what they think, and I don't care tp try to debate them....unless they are literally asking for it, of course. I wouldn't try to convince a liberal the error of their ways any more than I would try to convince a Christian that they are foolish superstitions. (I don't know or care whether they are, just making a point. God is unprovable or disprovable...so what's the point?)

I am not in any way a conservative, I'm a hard core libertarian....not the "soft core" types who self identify as a libertarian. I am what you would typically classify as anarcho-capitalist. My primary interest is in leaving people the fk alone, pretty much, except in self defense, physically or otherwise.

I do sympathize much more with the right than I do the left, because the left are control freaks to the core....they want to enforce their own personal will, values, and ideas using coerciion and threats through law and the barrel of a gun. This is why socialist type nations have such a tendency to slaughtering their own citizens en masse....conform or die. What they cannot control, they fear.

The right has similar tendencies, but to much less depth and severity, on the whole.

But...neither the right nor the left are terribly interested in leaving people the fk alone...and this notion that there are two parties governing us is an illusion. They talk very differently. They emphasize social divide to give the appearance of different parties...but they govern in identical fashion. Are you concerned about the national debt? You think you should vote republican to be fiscally conservative? How many times are you going to fall for that one? You've fallen for it your whole life, haven't you? And you'll fall for it again in the next election.  There is no fiscally conservative or fiscally responsible party. No such thing.

Nope...keep people's attention on gay wedding cakes and trans bathrooms....things that don't interfere with corporate government crony capitalism. Things that don't matter to the ruling class.

Are you tired of getting involved in and paying for foreign wars in countries where the people hate you and you can never leave, whether it is a desert or a jungle we are watering with American blood? Who should you vote for, then? Answer: It doesn't matter. War is a business, it makes lots and lots of money for powerful corporations and banks, and all that is needed is a small expense in propaganda to soak the taxpayers some more. You just advertise about how the leader is an oppressive dictator, or how the country has weapons of mass destruction, or whatever to get the poll numbers up in favor of going to war. It makes no difference what country it is or where it is....you could generate war feaver for Wakanda in about 6 months of propaganda, and the fat cats in banking and bomb making get another Trillion or two in government contracts.

I'm not even a big fan of the Libertarian Party, or dolts like Gary Johnson whom I swear mut be some kind of plot that libertarians purposely sabotage themselves by picking the worst nominees. I just don't understand it. On record, I am registered with the Massachusetts branch of The Pirate Party.

It's all a big game. The path we are walking down in this country is neither new nor different than any other. It is a one way path, though, an inevitable, unstoppable path to bankruptcy and fascism disguised as socialism. It never ends well...that's not the question, the only question is how long until it ends...7 years....70 years? Who knows?

If you think the word "fascism" means "right wing"...you're wrong. It is nothing more than government and corporate power uniting to rule. It is absolute state power. It;s a form of socialism. Even the "right vs left" political scale is an illusion. Tell me...which side of that scale represents little or no central government authority and maximum individual freedom and liberty? Is that on the extreme left, or the extreme right? Neither, right? The false choice presented to you is only about what sort of absolute government tyranny you prefer....the option that our Founding Fathers chose is not on that scale we commonly use and refer to...the option of "limited government and maximum personal liberty" is not given to you....you are presented with only "Do you want socialism or fascism". The jokes on you. Socialism and fascism are the same thing. It's the difference between a right foot boot or a left foot boot on your neck.

What is the solution? Don't play the game. Get ready for the worst, hope for the best. Wait for it. Prepare for it. Hope it doesn't come in your lifetime.

Have I ranted enough, yet? :D

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:12:37 AM by Punty »
If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Ecclesiastes 10:10

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2018, 10:36:45 AM »
I think your rant was right on target.  Neither too much, nor too little.....AND I happen to agree with you.  I am NEVER happy when I exit the voting booth! :-\

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2018, 10:44:12 AM »
I was happy to not vote for Hillary when I left the booth.   :deadhorse:
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »
Excellent post, Punty.
To fight oppression (of the population), we need to understand the enemy.  I have another term for our 'urban dictionary': RINO (Republican in Name Only).
We need to understand that our digression from the Constitution is orchestrated by factions that want America to fail.  Party lines mean nothing. Candidates' stance on the Constitution and the founding principles of our democratic republic is the key.  More important, to whom do they owe allegiance, We the People, or the Globalists whose agenda is a one-world gov't with a King of the World in charge?  Whose 'puppet' might they be?
The Deep State, Shadow Government, and/or affiliates of the NWO (however you want to refer to them) are the REAL enemy who want to destroy our form of government. It doesn't matter what they call themselves politically.
There are some real Patriots in Congress, the courts and working behind the scenes. I pray they will prevail.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Oath of Enlistment

I,    , do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;  and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.  So help me God.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »
Punty, I really think some form of State is enviable. A-C(?). What is Capital? 5-6000 years ago it was the knowledge and ability to domesticate a horse, the engineering ability and knowledge of materials to build a wheel, a bit of smelting perhaps... the NAP is out-dated as soon as somebody gains an over-arching advantage over every-other-body.

It is genetic, eugenic, technologic... somebody is going to come out on top.

Gents, What we see happening today is exactly how democracy goes. I don't much care how you want to correct me with terms like "limited" or " representative"  or Constitutional... it is exactly what one should expect. The top tier of society... the wealthy, elite, powerful (whatever you want to call them

Colluding with, enticing, bribing, propagandizing - whatever you want to call it - with the Bottom Tier (what do we call them?) the poor(?) the disenfranchised

Against the "Middle" which is, conversely, the only thing to call it. Exactly what we believe may shift a bit. Nevertheless the Bulk of any bell-curve is going to be in the middle
   The split, might be down the middle. Split it up the middle. In which scenario do we, most of the middle win?
       Probably in some low tech agrarian society where common sense rules the day- I'm askin'

I'm thinking back to when hayshaker(sorry to name you again bro) asked about socialist European countries: how are they doing? 5,10,15, do we have to say 20 years ago they were doing pretty damn good. Being relatively open societies they ended up being wide open to a lot of not so good Stuff. I imagine they were left vulnerable after devastating world wars. The strongest, bravest men lost- not as many- but many of the best in the US gone too. Not to mention all the strong willed, defiant, dissident thinking wiped out by commies here and there.
   All that will take awhile to recover from.
    The founding stock of America was European- mostly anglo/ germanic - what happened to them? Too individualistic, too much empathy, sympathy - for the underdog, the other, the bottom? England gave up the world to win ww2, the US made the world safe post WW2- for communism :shrug:

From my friend Moe, I have learned one thing. That is not to apologize. I used to feel apologetic- not so much anymore. Im an American Euro-mutt. My Irish is Scandinavian, my Scottish is anglo and my Anglo is germantic I can't even get a suntan darker than a paint color called pecan latte at Sherwin-Williams.

It is a sad time after loosing the wars. The victory was claimed by the State. As I explained above the Democratic State redistributes its Power which doesn't preclude it from setting up future deals.... you guys ain't listening anymore Bonnie chance mon libertines
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2018, 07:04:14 PM »

Well said Unk,  up to your usual, clear as mud.

I will keep on: AtIt; as is said. What are you looking for? A Guru to spell it out letter for letter, word for word- One to explain the meaning in each inflection? A leader, a guide, or just someone else to agree with- that ain't me bro. Maybe it's just that: you are a storyteller where details are important to the tale and I am a doer where detail is lost to the result - ever think of that? .... uncalled for. Moe, I apologize
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:55:23 AM by Unknown »
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2018, 07:29:28 PM »
Oath of Enlistment

I,    , do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;  and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.  So help me God.

I remember that, or something very close to it. I also remember that eight years later, when I was discharged, the oath was never rescinded. I know I never rescinded it. The part to pay attention to is "according to regulations and the UCMJ". An illegal order is illegal, no matter how much brass they're toatin'.

Had a former LEO friend of mine that went to work for a private security firm. He was excited because he didn't have to mess with those constitutional rights crap while arresting someone.  (according to him)

Since he was former military, I wondered when he rescinded his oath.

As I said, 'former' LEO friend.

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2018, 08:19:44 PM »
Pete.
Knowing the difference; is a Big Thing. Not everyone knows everything. When, Who, why to Trust is expedient. It hurts a lot of people when wrong. Innocents, like the people you know, suffer. But, nevertheless(if I may say so) must go the distance. Some, going full speed. All alone in the time of need
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2018, 02:34:57 AM »
Unknown,
   ??? :coffee: I completely agree. In the context of the bi-issued statements, there should be no doubt regarding the intent of regionally biased experiences. Field expediency without proper skills for personality assessment will often result in a less than observable or intuitive measurement of indecipherable decisions. Whether full velocity is required could be dependent on the confidence in one's own skills. A singular position requirement in time advancement is not always a poor choice.

I hope you enjoyed my reply as much as I enjoyed yours. It was fun to ignore context and insert a random reply. :stir:  :)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2018, 04:38:08 AM »
I'm going to go with," I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.".  Clear and succinct.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2018, 06:07:07 AM »
  On a different note,  some of us have known each other on other forums before B&B got it's start up,  others are fairly new members, we often interact through postings discussing knives, guns, fire starting, sometimes we exchange recipes for all kinds of home and camp food,  once in a while we even get snippy with one another over some little and mostly unimportant thing but we usually are civil in our disagreements and never really stop being friends or at least friendly towards each other.
  This thread has had all the makings to get a real brewhaha going, a divergence of ideas, politics, religion, and ideology,  yet all of you have remained civil and friendly, but I've been mostly surprised by the academic level of the replies, we don't always if ever think of each other as deep thinkers mostly because of the subjects we commonly discuss,  I've got to tell you, I'm pretty damned proud of all of you guys who participated in this thread so far.