Author Topic: New disc grill from RTIC  (Read 377 times)

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
New disc grill from RTIC
« on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:05 AM »
Saw this on Facebook that RTIC  is coming out with disc grill this fall, I'm hoping to see this lower the cost of the skottle grill.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Rtic-Cooler-to-add-retail-stores-change-name-to-13079976.php
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:14:00 PM by greyhound352 »
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: New disc grill from RTIC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 12:05:49 PM »
Hmmm.....didn't see anything about a disc grill in the article.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »
Me neither.  I'm getting one from Greg.  I guess it's too small for him.

That's some good stuff coming off that thing.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
Hmmm.....didn't see anything about a disc grill in the article.

Me neither.  I'm getting one from Greg.  I guess it's too small for him.

From the article:

Rtic then expanded into drinkware and travel accessories, and plans to soon unveil new products that include grills, tents, chairs, backpacks and more.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 02:32:12 PM »
very cool, you will enjoy it. It can be your only cooking device except for a way to make coffee. A personal favorite of mine is fajitas. Here you can get from the meat market a mix of strips of beef, sliced onions, slice jalapenos and sliced bell peppers all mixed together sold by the pound. Dump the bag onto a hot disco and cook like stir fry. I make my  own flour tortillas: For each cup of flour add a marble boulder size of lard, mix with some salt until flour looks lumpy thoughout. Mix in cold water a little at a time until dough does not stick. I do not put baking power or soda into my tortillas, it is just how my family does it. Roll ping pong ball size pieces on a floured cutting board, always use flour, until very thin. Cook on a hot cast iron skillet, should only take about 30 seconds on each side. If they blister poke with a knife or better a fork.

Two people can make a hell of a meal for a dozen people ( fifteen minutes) in no time like this. One person making tortillas, a second working the disco. It is an easy meal, cheap, and I have never heard a complaint. It is a go to when feeding a large group, it is a favorite when the family gathers to work the family's cattle.

I have boiled crawdads, made French toast, scrabbled eggs, bacon, sausage, white sausage green chili gravy for biscuits (another family favorite), fried potatoes, cauldio ( an anything in the pot soup). The old guys fry blood in them after slaughtering a cow, not a family favorite.

I hope you enjoy it and get many years of satisfaction from it. The disco and the pie iron are my two favorite camp cooking items.
Nice matters

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »
Thanks Ron.  That thing really is dream.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »
did someone mention blood sausage, yum
morcilla or kiska it's all goood.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 04:45:57 PM »
did someone mention blood sausage, yum
morcilla or kiska it's all goood.

You, my dad and his brothers, and the rest of the old farts can have all the fried blood and blood sausage you guys can eat. Not me. That and fried chicken gizzards, menudo, marrow bones are too much for me.
Nice matters

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 04:52:43 PM »
life is too dang short to eat offal.   Just my ever so humble opinion,   of course.   :)

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
I share that opinion Mannlicher.  No offal.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
very cool, you will enjoy it. It can be your only cooking device except for a way to make coffee. A personal favorite of mine is fajitas. Here you can get from the meat market a mix of strips of beef, sliced onions, slice jalapenos and sliced bell peppers all mixed together sold by the pound. Dump the bag onto a hot disco and cook like stir fry. I make my  own flour tortillas: For each cup of flour add a marble boulder size of lard, mix with some salt until flour looks lumpy thoughout. Mix in cold water a little at a time until dough does not stick. I do not put baking power or soda into my tortillas, it is just how my family does it. Roll ping pong ball size pieces on a floured cutting board, always use flour, until very thin. Cook on a hot cast iron skillet, should only take about 30 seconds on each side. If they blister poke with a knife or better a fork.

Two people can make a hell of a meal for a dozen people ( fifteen minutes) in no time like this. One person making tortillas, a second working the disco. It is an easy meal, cheap, and I have never heard a complaint. It is a go to when feeding a large group, it is a favorite when the family gathers to work the family's cattle.

I have boiled crawdads, made French toast, scrabbled eggs, bacon, sausage, white sausage green chili gravy for biscuits (another family favorite), fried potatoes, cauldio ( an anything in the pot soup). The old guys fry blood in them after slaughtering a cow, not a family favorite.

I hope you enjoy it and get many years of satisfaction from it. The disco and the pie iron are my two favorite camp cooking items.

Mine is a 24" diameter.  I can do several cups of coffee in it if need be. :rolleyes: