Author Topic: Liver spots, bad knees, hip(s) replacements needed and...  (Read 308 times)

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Liver spots, bad knees, hip(s) replacements needed and...
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »
...I've been sitting in my underwear sweating for 3 days waiting for the One Hour AC company to GET MY CENTAL AIR REPLACED!!!!. 

"Sorry Mr. ?????.  I'm afraid it'll be Mon now.  We had an emergency to take care of." 

Well buster I'm bipolar with high blood pressure.  You're not going to like me Mon. 

Ok ok.  We are going to the river.  72 degrees year round with crystal clear water and a house with ice cold AC.  Nice to have options. 

See I'm all better now.  I didn't even cuss.  Here anyway.

What the Hell are liver spots anyway?  oops.  I get blood tests several times a year.  MY DAMN LIVER IS JUST FINE!  Dang it.  Old habits...

ok ok. I'm doing better... er.

I guess I wasn't all that good for a long time.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Liver spots, bad knees, hip(s) replacements needed and...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 05:53:04 PM »
I got new knees in Sept. and Dec. of last year and am literally hell on wheels now.  I can walk, hike a bit, ride my pedal bike, and crap like that.  I don't have liver spots, I have overactive pigment spots or senile freckles, haven't figured out which.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 05:43:16 AM »
I have a hit list.
AC first.  Then.

Teeth
...the dreaded colonoscopy...
Knees
Hips
Back.

I'll be the bionic man.

Senior freckles.  I like that.

Do they do electrolysis for nose hair?  Breast reduction for old man boobs?  Butt implants so my pants don't fall down when I'm wearing my gun?  (Wolfy doesn't have that problem.  But my wife doesn't like overalls).
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 06:50:46 AM »

LOL, Tony, you are getting old, you're wearing out, you're limits are getting shorter, what you used to do all day now takes you all day to do,  while not ideal, it's the best you have left,  enjoy those things that you can do, lamenting those things that you're no longer able to do is a waste of your valuable time and a stress you don't need in your life.

*Accept -- The fact that you'll never be 30 yrs. old again. (even Jack LaLane couldn't beat it)

*Adapt --  Lighten your pack, use a walking stick, shorten your hikes, whatever helps.

*Over Come -- You do have options,  explore them.

I've been there/done that,  It's depressing if you let it get the best of you,  accepting your limitations frees you to be open to changes that allow you to continue doing what you like,  at a slower pace.

But I agree with you,  getting old sucks.
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:24:29 AM »
I just had a bad few days, Moe.  I'm doing a lot better than the last coupla years physically.  Had the Perfect Storm of button pushing when we got back from NC.  I don't like leaving the mountains anyway.

One thing I've learned, all I have to do is look around me and see all those people who are much worse off than me.

Thanks for the empathy.

Tony
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
bad knees liver sopts lambego goiders, dropsy ect......
gosh i feel better already. thanks honest to goodness.

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
Dude you've got the one skill that transcend aging like no other, one in which you've invested a lot of time, resources and labor.

It is this that I am shifting into, I'm easily spending 2 to 3 hours a day at it. You've got great things you can do with it, you just need to work on the stage fright thing. Just my humble opinion, and I have been humbled, and very recently too. As you've learned from so much else in your life, it's the biggest hurdles that are the ones most worthy of conquest.

The first day at Bass and Nature Camp, as we all were having our evening meal Victor Wooten wrote on a large white board, "imagine describing who you are in 60 seconds then playing it on the bass" Tonight at 9:00pm.

On stage, alone, with a microphone, with Victor Wooten, Chuck Rainey, Steve Bailey, Anthony Wellington, Dave Welsch and 65 other students in the audience who are mostly professionals, I played my 60 seconds. It was every bit as intense as the first time I took the stage at the age of 13, maybe more so. And I did it well, as was pointed out to me by both Victor and Anthony, in class.

Do you know "Time is Tight" by Brooker T and the MGs "o) Do you need a "B3" and a Leslie?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 11:56:54 AM by hushnel »

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »
Kelly's been poking at me to play.  A friend in NC wants to jam on the slide.

"Sweet Melissa"  is calling on the six string.  "Desperado" on the ivories needs a good ending.

Maybe I need a good busking session or two some place and suck it up.

Thanks for the push.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:53:13 AM by madmax »
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline hushnel

• Water Stone
  • Florida Cracker since 1960
    • Barclay Customs
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:44 AM »
Dude it's a hell of a lot easier than Re-hab. "Take it from a Fool who Knows"

Online madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »
Amen Brother.
Hunter S, Thompson