Author Topic: Lodge Lust  (Read 185 times)

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
Lodge Lust
« on: August 29, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
This new two piece Cook-It-All set from Lodge looks interesting.

"The 14 Inch Cast Iron Cook-It-All is the only outdoor cookware you need. With 5 cooking configurations from only 2 pieces of iron, the Cook-It-All creates a whole world of possibilities to your campsite cuisine. The reversible grill/griddle offers a ton of cooking surface and also acts as a lid. The 6.8 quart bottom is a wok and skillet, and can be inverted to become a domed lid for baking. The included heavy-duty handles easily maneuver the iron while keeping hands safe from heat. "

MSRP $130.00

If I didn't already have a full set of CI, this may be a good option to try. Hell, I may get one just for the cool factor. I do like it that Lodge is being innovative with introducing some new products.

Offline greyhound352

• Water Stone
  • Tribal Warrior of the Kracaneuners Ephesians 2.8
Re: Lodge Lust
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
I agree about having 2 much cast iron but that is a cool setup for 2 pieces.
"Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world." John Muir

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »
There is no such thing as too much cast iron.  Of course, I may need to reinforce the leaf springs on my truck, but................

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:47:57 PM »
I don't even know what a "full set" of CI cookware is. Why do they have to call it a Wok/skilllet? Those are different things and a wok-skillet would be a third thing. All in all it does look like innovation. It's neat-o
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline woodsorrel

• Whetstone +
    • NatureOutside
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 09:56:52 PM »
Oooh, I'm drooling (over the cast iron, not the food). 

But for me a 6.8 quart pot is too much.  I rarely prepare group meals, and I can cook for four people or so using a smaller pot (2-4 quarts).  So it's not clear that it's worth it to lug around the larger pot/top combination.

- Woodsorrel
The best backpacks are named for national parks or mountain ranges. Steer clear of those named for landfills.
Bushcraft tips and tricks:  www.NatureOutside.c om

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 06:24:54 AM »
Yeah, I don't NEED more cast iron.  But that combo caught my eye the other day.  Pretty cool.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »
Pretty neat set up. 

I could sell all my Griswold, Wagner, and Lodge and buy this set (and have money left over) and make life a bit simpler. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:47:18 PM »
I'll take a piece of the Griswold/ Wagner action.  lol.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson