Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 734 times)

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
9/11
« on: September 11, 2018, 11:42:25 AM »
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
Never.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »
America was told to remember,  but it seems half of the Country has forgotten.  We are electing muslims to Congress.  We have turned our backs on our President,  and on the military.  America seems to have forgotten already.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:08:56 PM »
Not me.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 04:10:52 PM »
Nor me
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »
It really does seem like it was just a couple of years ago, not the seventeen it has been.
Nice matters

Offline PetrifiedWood

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Administrator
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 11:19:19 AM »
I have received a couple of reports on a particular post in this thread. After reviewing the reports and the post, I did not see anything specifically disparaging, only an easily verifiable statement. Please refrain from reporting statements of fact. Stating a fact does not violate the site's rules.

It is also important to consider that when a group's belief system is incompatible with our constitution, that that particular belief system is more than a religion, and becomes a system of government in and of itself. It is not disparaging to say that "XXXX religion does not believe in equal rights for women" if that is a simple statement of verifiable fact. One can easily see how such a belief system might run afoul of our constitution. I am of the mind that preserving our civil liberties takes priority over diversity and inclusion. Not that diversity and inclusion are bad things. We enjoy a tremendous variety of cultures here in the US. But those parts of any culture which are incompatible with our constitutionally protected liberties should be prohibited.

To make it even simpler, if you disagree with the freedoms protected by our constitution, you don't belong here. Because we aren't giving them up.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
Yup.  Right on PW.
Hunter S, Thompson

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »
I am dumbfounded that someone would find that post a problem.  Truth hurts some folks I guess.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 12:04:58 PM »
I just watched a replay of the conversations between the planes and the ground.  Official and personal.  I once again went from sadness to anger.

Forget?  Not a chance.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »
Nobody in NY will ever forget. There are innocent bystanders, employees from nearby buildings, and Folks locked up in their own home that are dying of cancer due to the air quality on that day. It has not just effected the families inside the towers, the plane, or first responders.
Still ask why. still angry.
Do you know what 05/01/11 is?
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 01:59:36 PM »
Nobody in NY will ever forget. There are innocent bystanders, employees from nearby buildings, and Folks locked up in their own home that are dying of cancer due to the air quality on that day. It has not just effected the families inside the towers, the plane, or first responders.
Still ask why. still angry.
Do you know what 05/01/11 is?

No, refresh my memory please.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »
Max, Bin Laden went to hell that day.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 02:52:27 PM »
Thanks nuke.  I marked it on my calendar.  That was a good day.
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
 :thumbsup:
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
I'll never forget. There's still those that need to be sent to hell for that day, and were feeding and housing them at this very moment 17 years later :shrug:
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline duxdawg

• Whetstone +
  • paleo/primitive/aboriginal, Fur Trade, Wilderness
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 07:13:33 PM »
Very well said PW!!
Amen and  Hoo-Rah!

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 12:00:00 AM »
Muslims have fought and died as US soldiers in every modern conflict.  Anyone bashing their sacrifice is a disgrace that doesn't deserve to call themselves an American. Furthermore, the US Constitution expressly forbids religious tests as a qualification for public office. Anyone that has a problem with is at odds with The Constitution and might be happier somewhere without religious freedoms. 

Half of the population always turns their back on the whoever is president, even when they're not game show hosts.  Hopefully no one will be offended by these easily verifiable statement of facts.

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 06:08:47 AM »
My sister was working for Merrill Lynch back then and was walking to the world financial center when the first plane hit. She saw it and then called my dad. He told her to get home, he was convinced it was the start of a war. That was the last we heard from her for almost two days. I have never seen my dad so scared.

God bless Neneneh Betru
Nice matters

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2018, 06:32:05 PM »
Muslims have fought and died as US soldiers in every modern conflict.  Anyone bashing their sacrifice is a disgrace that doesn't deserve to call themselves an American. Furthermore, the US Constitution expressly forbids religious tests as a qualification for public office. Anyone that has a problem with is at odds with The Constitution and might be happier somewhere without religious freedoms. 

Half of the population always turns their back on the whoever is president, even when they're not game show hosts.  Hopefully no one will be offended by these easily verifiable statement of facts.

I have no problem with your easily verifiable statements of fact.  Where I do differ from your opinion is where you veer off and imply that members here are guilty of....... 
Anyone bashing their sacrifice is a disgrace that doesn't deserve to call themselves an American.
  Nobody here did that.
Anyone that has a problem with is at odds with The Constitution and might be happier somewhere without religious freedoms.
  Again, nobody here did that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:18:20 AM by crashdive123 »

Offline hayshaker

• Whetstone +
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 04:53:32 PM »
regarding 9-11
when there are far mor questions than answers,
one needs to ask what's really going on?
try pulling video off you tube if you can still get it
called loose change. just saying,