Author Topic: First Post of The Day  (Read 319 times)

Offline Yellowyak

• Water Stone
First Post of The Day
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:43:34 PM »
Just wanted to post something today as the first post of the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Re: First Post of The Day
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 02:50:09 PM »
Man I'm telling ya.  Slow days.  We'll start camping soon and maybe start some threads going.

Even Max is bored.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Pete Bog

• Supporting Member
  • Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 10:52:22 PM »
Just wanted to post something today as the first post of the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I suspect there's a few folks out in the Carolinas having a less then stellar day. I really feel for those people. What a mess they have. And as the storm moves into the mountains, I think it will get even worse for individuals. An entire lifetime of work will be washed down the hillside.

We are so lucky in the upper mid-west. Natural disasters are rare or non existent. No Hurricanes or Earthquakes, tornadoes are relatively rare and we haven't had a real good knock down blizzard since 1966, although the one in '97 was certainly inconvenient with its associated flooding.

Here's to hoping Hurricane Florence peter's out quicker then expected.

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »
Amen to that (and the first post of the day).  I had a meeting in S. Georgia today.  Passed quite a few JEA (Jacksonville Electric Authority) trucks headed north to help with the recovery.  When I got to GA there were highway signs that said I95 is closed in North Carolina traveling north is not recommended.  Prayers for all of those affected and those that are assisting.

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 08:48:01 PM »
Lost electricity last night at midnight.  A tree fell across the power lines 4 houses up and the lines caused the pole in front of my house to snap halfway up the pole.  The electric crew got here at 0800 and had a new pole and power restored at 1330.  A generator is the one thing I don't have, but that will soon be remedied.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »
  A generator is the one thing I don't have, but that will soon be remedied.

We have a nice big Honda gen.  Our problem is where to put and secure it outside to prevent theft.  And honestly, we live without electricity or running water 3 months at a time...by choice.  I have to say it would be nice to have elec if we lose power in Aug, Sept, Oct.  AC is my friend.

The damage this one caused is astronomical.  For a number of reasons.  Sad.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 07:19:26 AM »
how quickly  we forget the chaos and damage from Hurricane Irma.   I had every thing I needed then, and do now as well.

It's just too dang hot to go out and do anything here.  Hottest September in history for my fair city.  Hitting high nineties  and mid nineties every day.   Humidity is up there too.   You can sweat in the dang shower