Author Topic: Rivers.  (Read 1632 times)

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
Rivers.
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
These are past paddles.  Thought I'd at least post something in a slow streak.  Everybody likes pics.

Ocklawaha River on a SUP.

Float fishing Toccoa River GA

Sam (Mannlicher) relaxing

It's right there.

My river in the summer.  When they release from the upper spillways it transforms from a cool trout stream to a Class V romp.

This might be the best WW canoe river I've ever paddled.  Last rapid.

I don't know who decided to build plastic SUP's,  But I'm glad they did.

Hope you enjoyed some flashbacks.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:49:33 AM by madmax »
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Rivers.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
I remember some of these but not all.  Nice country.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline crashdive123

• Vendor
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:47:57 PM »
Here's a few more from camps past.

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 02:48:24 AM »
Thanks Crash.  I can't wait to get out there. Might go down to the Rainbow this week for a river fix.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:26:08 PM »
Great pictures, thanks for the post
Nice matters

Offline Mannlicher

• Water Stone
  • A Florida Cracker, and an original Kracaneuner
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:53:35 AM »
thanks for posting.  I sure love a good paddle on a pretty day.   I have parted ways with the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140.  Looking for a new ride.

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »
Look for you a used Hobie Sam.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 06:05:41 PM »

Suwannee river trip
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 06:11:05 PM »
Zig Ziglar

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »

Chilly morning on the Suwannee
Zig Ziglar

Offline Orbean

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 06:11:15 AM »
As a kid growing up in NM, I was always seeking out running water. We had the Rio Grande and the irrigation ditches (acequias) that we could play in but both were dangerous and an ass whooping would be coming if caught. Water sports like kayaking and canoeing were totally foreign to me. When at my grandps's places I would head to the Nambe river or to the acequias to catch frogs and salamanders. I would dream of seeing and playing in bigger rivers like the ones I saw on tv and in books and mags.

Seeing you guys on your canoes, kayaks and paddle boards is something I really enjoy. It looks like so much fun, just cruising. The look on your faces in some of the pictures are ones of serenity and contentment; when ready about someone floating down a big river it is the look the comes to my minds' eye. I envy you and the fellowship of you guys down in the SE have. It is a very cool thing to see
Nice matters

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »

Withlacoochee River (or Crooked River)

Zig Ziglar

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
Peaceful looking place to float and paddle.  We floated western rivers for many years, the Missouri, Smith, Colorado, Arkansas, and smaller tributaries.  Mostly canoes but also in rafts and kayaks.  We camped and fished all of them over the years but it is harder to do these days.  My favorite river, the Smith up in Montana, has required permits for years now.  Outfitters tie up most of them and the increased number of floaters have reduced the places you can camp.  I float on still water these days at my place and am thankful I can do it.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)