Outings > Overnight and Camping

Glacier park Montana/yellowstone

(1/6) > >>

Spyder1958:
Had a busy summer this year. Sorry so slow in posting.
Oldest daughter and family invited me to tag along on their out west travels this year.
I flew into Kalispell Montana, pickup a rental car, drove around checking the area out. went up to whitefish lake and drove to the top of the mountain range above it. Found a nice little motel for the night in Columbia falls called Glacier Inn, Mom and Pops owned, great price, highly recommend.
Daughter & family arrived the next evening in the thirty something foot 5th wheel, house on wheels. We stayed in a campground just outside the West Glacier entrance for the next week. Had a great time hiking and exploring. Great views. 1st long hike was East Glacier park, we parked at Many Glacier Chalet and hike a total 12 miles up to Grinnell Glacier.

More to follow later

madmax:
Outstanding pics.  I would've liked crampons and an ice axe on that one traverse.

woodsorrel:
Awesome pictures, Spyder1958! 

I did a three-day backpack in that area that ended at Many Glacier.  So I really enjoyed your pictures.

It's great that you took the time to see the glaciers, as they are retreating rapidly.  Did you get a chance to step onto the glacier?

- Woodsorrel

wolfy:
Is Bird Woman Falls still 'falling' or have the glaciers and snow retreated so much that it no longer exists?   I'll bet you didn't pull that big fifth-wheeler over the Going to the Sun Highway.....I recall seeing aluminum-bearing rocks projecting from the inside corners of that narrow passage! :lol:

Fantastic pics Spyder.....brings back a lot of great memories! :thumbsup:

Spyder1958:

--- Quote from: madmax on October 27, 2018, 11:08:12 AM ---Outstanding pics.  I would've liked crampons and an ice axe on that one traverse.

--- End quote ---

Son inlaw said same thing T, Grandson just laugh, told him he's getting old

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version