Author Topic: I'm heading to Big Sky country!  (Read 76 times)

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
I'm heading to Big Sky country!
« on: November 01, 2018, 06:08:17 PM »
Well, after half a year in NW Idaho but job kind of spectacularly imploded, paychecks bouncing, etc.  I just landed what looks to be a great Exec Chef job but it's in Bozeman.  I really love that town, visited many times, but of course I've never lived there.  Moving really sucks and I dread it but I'm also excited about the new job.  I love it here (presently living in Post Falls, ID), very nice area with tons of public wilderness land...but I have to be able to make a living.

Any B&B members in the Bozeman/Belgrade/Big Sky area?

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
Re: I'm heading to Big Sky country!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:28:50 PM »
My sincere apologies Phae! I took you or a Leaf.
Sounds like you're in the groove. At 50, relocation can be complicated. 25 years either side of that age one could can that and move on. At 50 you still got all the good you need! Am I right?
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »
At least I never had a chance to move all my stuff to Idaho.  I'll have a lot to move but it could be worse.  I did look for jobs here in Idaho/Eastern Washington but I couldn't find anything that paid what I need to make.  Bozeman seems to be growing and pretty prosperous right now, and there's a lot of good wilderness there to explore.

Online Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 06:41:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about the old job. Sounds like you are looking at the glass as half full. Best of luck!
"In the school of the woods, there is no graduation day."  Horace Kephart (1862-1931)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 07:37:04 PM »
At least I never had a chance to move all my stuff to Idaho.  I'll have a lot to move but it could be worse.  I did look for jobs here in Idaho/Eastern Washington but I couldn't find anything that paid what I need to make.  Bozeman seems to be growing and pretty prosperous right now, and there's a lot of good wilderness there to explore.

We all want to go there.
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Phaedrus

• Whetstone +
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 01:01:29 AM »
Hopefully there are some forum members in the area!  It's fun to meet up with folks IRL that I meet on forums.  There's a feller I met via "the other forum" that has become one of my best friends in real life.