Author Topic: Hiking with the Dinga Dude  (Read 455 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Hiking with the Dinga Dude
« on: November 20, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »
My usual Saturday hike with Dinga...i don't video most of my day hikes, but the weather this day was so awesome and Gods creation is so great i felt compelled share this one.
hope you enjoy...thanks for lookin!
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
Re: Hiking with the Dinga Dude
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 06:32:10 PM »
Thanks Woods for taken us along. Always a joy. Wish Sasha girl and I could have joined you and Dinga
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:33:04 PM »
The Dinga Dude has it figured out, doesn't get to far ahead or behind.  Nice dog.

That was a nice tracking snow and thanks for pointing out the wolf tracks.  I have seen some over in SE Montana but not for a couple of years.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 07:00:05 AM »
I haven't seen that many wolf tracks over the years, but those are, without a doubt, the biggest I've ever seen! :shocked:

Does Dinga respond differently when he's trailing the scent of a wolf over a moose? :shrug:

Thanks for posting your hike video, Dave.....I've always enjoyed them. :thumbsup:

"The Dude abides." :coffee:
-Jeffrey Lebowski
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 07:43:27 AM »
Thanks Woods for taken us along. Always a joy. Wish Sasha girl and I could have joined you and Dinga
Thanks for watching Spyder!....Wouldn't that be cool...Dinga needs a date :thumbsup:

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 07:49:28 AM »
The Dinga Dude has it figured out, doesn't get to far ahead or behind.  Nice dog.

That was a nice tracking snow and thanks for pointing out the wolf tracks.  I have seen some over in SE Montana but not for a couple of years.
Thanks Stan :).....Thanks my friend!...the Dude (while stubborn) is a good pup and your right he does not get to far ahead of me...usually :rolleyes:
Thanks again!

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
I haven't seen that many wolf tracks over the years, but those are, without a doubt, the biggest I've ever seen! :shocked:

Does Dinga respond differently when he's trailing the scent of a wolf over a moose? :shrug:

Thanks for posting your hike video, Dave.....I've always enjoyed them. :thumbsup:

"The Dude abides." :coffee:
-Jeffrey Lebowski
LOL..."the Dude abides"...i'd be happier if he obey'd without hesitation!!!! :shrug:
He does stick closer when wolves are about...if he hears one howl he'll press right against me and he's smart about buzztails as well  :thumbsup:
Also had a bear come in and he handled himself real well...now if i can just find him a date...he really needs a girlfriend :drool:
Thanks for looking...and have a blessed Thanksgiving! :cheers:

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 08:29:16 AM »
Nice day.  My red Max is getting up there in years.  5 miles would be a little much.  BTW,  Max also gets more independent minded as the years go by.  He still sticks close but he'll hesitate at something of interest until his curiosity is satisfied or I get a little edge in my commands.  That's pretty much the breed.   LOL.  Spyder1958's Sasha is younger than Max and still is enthusiastic about hikes and playtime.

Thanks for sharing your hike.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 09:04:55 PM »
Nice day.  My red Max is getting up there in years.  5 miles would be a little much.  BTW,  Max also gets more independent minded as the years go by.  He still sticks close but he'll hesitate at something of interest until his curiosity is satisfied or I get a little edge in my commands.  That's pretty much the breed.   LOL.  Spyder1958's Sasha is younger than Max and still is enthusiastic about hikes and playtime.

Thanks for sharing your hike.
Howdy Tony!
Its tough watching our best buds grow old i know...and yeah, these heelers definitely have a stubborn streak...but we love em all the same!...i think about Max now n then...he's a good pup for sure...atb...woods

Offline Dabberty

• Whetstone +
    • My outdoor & DIY blog
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »
A good hike again :-) Hopefully we?ll get some snow as well soon.
My outdoor & DIY blog:  www.dabberty.com

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
A good hike again :-) Hopefully we?ll get some snow as well soon.
Thanks Dabberty!...your a good friend! :cheers:...the pack review...i know i know!...its coming amigo ;)