Author Topic: Peak #1...Livingston  (Read 232 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Peak #1...Livingston
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
The first in this years twenty peak challenge
Just me and the Dude...woods

'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Peak #1...Livingston
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:32:21 PM »
Another good video Woods.  That sliding down reminded me of how we did it in the high mountains of Colorado back forty years ago. 

At about 19:25 when you come out of the timber on that access road there is a lot of white flowers along the road and down into the draw.  That sure looks like a noxious weed called Hoary Cress.  It also goes by Pepper Weed or Whitetop around eastern Montana and western South Dakota.  I have fought with that for twenty years here on my place.  Do you know if that is what that is?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 10:20:53 PM »
Gotta love it, Woods!  Some of your panoramas in that video covered more territory than some states!
I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »
It's always nice to see mountain ranges and areas in Montana from a totally different perspective.....bri ngs back a lot of great memories.  One of those dredged up memories was from an early family vacation with my mom, dad & brother when Dad took us to Dan Bailey's Fly Shop in Livingston.  I recall all of the different fish silhouettes painted on varnished plywood plaques with a list of different flys for various times of the year that would match the hatch.  There was a whole roomful of ladies sitting at their work stations tying flys to supply the legions of fly fisherman that came to the Yellowstone area to fish the famous trout streams around there.

I bought a Stormy Kromer-style cap in that store that I still wear every winter.  That was in 1959......$7.00 well spent, I figure! :coffee:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Bailey's is still around down on west park st ;)...i'm not much of a fisherman myself, kinda got burn't out on fishing in my younger days...i'll still go bank fishing now and then with a friend, but usually throw up a hammock and wind up catching forty winks rather than browns these days :)...stormy kromer is a dang nice hat...thanks for watching!!! :cheers:
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!