Author Topic: Peak #3...Delano  (Read 292 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Peak #3...Delano
« on: December 14, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »
Mount Delano, Number 3 in my twenty peak challenge...this is a difficult mountain with zero trails and challenging terrain...lot of wind at the top so sorry for the wind noise...thanks for lookin...woods

'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Peak #3...Delano
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 08:18:20 PM »
Delano Peak is probably the roughest terrain of any of your videos that I have watched.  The lower part, about the creek crossing and for a bit after that, reminds me of mountain terrain down in Colorado.  The last part getting up to the ridges and over to summit looked pretty rough. Neat little snow bridge.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 08:30:27 PM »
Thanks Stan :)
You bet, it was pretty knarly going along that ridge indeed ???....climbing the face was a trip, but getting back down proved to be the bigger challenge...i was so dang tired getting to the top, the hike down was a steep, bushy and often rocky bushwack...a few others proved to be more difficult, you'll see them in upcoming posts...thanks for looking Stan!
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline madmax

• Diamond Stone
  • The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 08:52:26 AM »
Very cool country.  Hard hike.  Thanks for taking us along.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving pretty with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thouroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a ride!" 
Hunter S, Thompson