Author Topic: Great Fast no knead bread recipe  (Read 224 times)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Great Fast no knead bread recipe
« on: December 21, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »
  Most no knead bread recipes require 12~18 hours rise time,  this one is simple, easy, and start to a finished loaf takes about two and a half hours including rise, rest, and bake time.

3-cups of Bread flour
  2-tsp. of fresh yeast
  1/2-tsp. salt
  1-Tsp. sugar

1-Tsp. olive oil
  1-1/2 cups of hot water (up to 130*F)

* Mix the water and olive oil into the flour mixture until it forms a lose dough ball, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for 60 minutes.
    At the 40 minute mark place a Dutch Oven in the oven and turn the oven on to 450*F.
    When the dough has been rising for 60 minutes turn it out on a floured board, dust it with flour and gently fold and work the dough about 10 times (I use a 4" wide putty knife that is used just for food),  form the dough into a ball and set it into a parchment paper lined bowl cover with a towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
    At the end of the 15 minute rest, grab the parchment paper and lift it and the dough out of the bowl and place it in the hot Dutch Oven, bake for 30 minutes covered,  at the end of the 30 minute baking time take the cover off the Dutch Oven and take the parchment paper out leaving the loaf exposed in the Dutch Oven and bake another 10~15 depending on how brown you like your crust.
    At the end of the baking time take the loaf out of the pot and place it on a rack to cool. 

This makes a really good tasting loaf of artisan bread with a wonderful texture and crumb,  to kick it up a bit you can add some onion, garlic, or your favorite herb for added flavor. 

In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Online wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Great Fast no knead bread recipe
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 10:15:13 PM »
Thanks Moe, sounds like something I will like to do.  I have been making beer bread and this will be a good recipe to try just for a change.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 07:16:02 PM »
Thanks Moe, sounds like something I will like to do.  I have been making beer bread and this will be a good recipe to try just for a change.

I think you'll like it Stan,  I've been making this recipe for close to a year and it's always come out good,  I've always had trouble with making bread,  it tasted good but always came out dense, I think it was because I wasn't kneading right and because I was using All Purpose flour.
 When I found this recipe I changed over to King Arthur Bread flour and that made a big difference,  the original recipe didn't include the olive oil or sugar but I added it in and it adds a little to the flavor,  I usually add some onion powder,  I've also used Garlic powder and made a couple of loaves using a heaping tea spoon of chopped Rosemarry and it was very good.
 Oven temps can vary so you'll have to adjust your baking time to your oven,  but this recipe is very forgiving,  let us know how you make out.     

In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline dumbass

• Whetstone
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 12:25:30 PM »
Thanks Moe.  I doubt that I can outdo Yellowyack when it comes to camp baking but I'll give this a go at our next camp.
huh?