Author Topic: Peak #4 McKnight  (Read 574 times)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
Peak #4 McKnight
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:25:49 AM »
Mount Mcknight
4th Peak in my 20 peak challenge....Reachi ng the summit proved problematic!
Thanks for Lookin  :)...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
Re: Peak #4 McKnight
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 07:35:52 AM »

Another great adventure, I envy your stamina Dave,  with the PAD in my legs and COPD making hard breathing even harder those days are past for me, now short hikes on fairly flat ground is about all I can manage,  but I can really enjoy your trips, thanks for sharing. 
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:55:56 PM »
Reckon i'll not be able to do these hikes much longer myself Moe...I got a meniscus injury a year back and Doc says keep doing what your doing and your surgery bound...oh well, i had my fun ;)
Appreciate you watching my friend...atb...Dave

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:12:27 PM »
Yeah, you MIGHT be taxing the ol' meniscus a bit more than the average individual, but 30 years ago I was told the same thing.  I crushed mine after stepping in a badger hole while hunting pheasants one snowy Thanksgiving morning.  That was the same year we were married and the surgeon told me I'd better plan on a knee-replacement in 10 years.....hasn't happened yet!  It gives me fits once in awhile, but after some ice-packs and a little time with my leg 'up,' I am good to go again.

BTW.....I enjoyed the video, too.  Always do! :thumbsup:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 08:24:05 PM »
Another great video Woods, thanks for posting it.  You really are in good shape to be doing that terrain. 

Neat little Pika on the rock about 17.40.  There were lots of them in the Colorado high country when I frequented such places.  I got new knees a little over a year ago but my legs are gone from too many years of riding trail bikes when I couldn't hike.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
Another great video Dave. Hope to be out your way again this year to do a little R&R and hunting. liking that livingston area. checking a place out up at Clyde park.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »
Craig thats good to know....when at first this sucker went on me i could not get around without a cane, but it has gotten much better with an occasional tenderness that helps keep me from doing any gymnastics...thanks for watching :thumbsup:

Stan...Getting older has its disadvantages for sure...reckon i'll keep moving till i can't ;)...thanks for watching :cheers:

Spyder...i really like the Clyde Park area....not many folks up that neck of the woods...you have the Bridgers to the west, the Crazy's to the east, the Little belts to the north and the Absarokas to the south...more muleys, whitetail n elk than you can count......little bit of heaven on earth! ;)...Dave