Author Topic: I do as well...  (Read 906 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
I do as well...
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:09:13 PM »
The guy has a perfect life in my opinion. Amazing little homestead. Simple, peaceful, and natural. I have always liked small places as well. I too built forts and little hidy holes to sleep in as a kid.
It is a 30 minute video but so very well spent. A sauna, shower, and riverside dock= heaven. I hope to retire similarly to this man.(hobo)

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: I do as well...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 02:23:17 PM »
Nope.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
I like the property from a location and terrain standpoint. The river running through it is a big plus.  His lifestyle isn't one for me but there are a few aspects of his buildings that are kind of appealing.  I like the way they are built into the hillside but would prefer one building and that it be built with normal ceiling heights, normal sized doors, and in one large space as opposed to scattered about.  It also would have to have a better water and sewage system.  I do like the stream side sauna.  His choice of materials for what passes as a patio in the front of one of the structures is also good.

If one is inclined towards a very simple lifestyle this place would certainly work, at least until the property owner decides not to lease it to him. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:41:15 AM »
He might have a screw loose. Took downsizing a little too serious. I kind of like the out house setup. Funny the outhouse and the shop are full height.

I couldn't be crawling around like that. It wouldn't take much to go 3 more feet high.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline Yashihiz

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 03:32:33 AM »
We need more details about this information. Can you help me introduce or provide more details?

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:10:37 AM »

Yet another spam bot, did we register somewhere ?
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 08:12:49 AM »

Pretty accusatory of you, Moe.....what if Yashihiz is just a poor, homeless Hobbit legitimately looking to improve his lot in life? :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 08:23:31 AM »
Then he can go back to the Shire or hang out in Mordor for all I care. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:28:04 AM »
RACIST!! >:(

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »
How is that racist?   :-\

(Somewhere in the bowels of the dark web I just got put on a list that says "once accused of racism" for wanting a fictional character from a 70 odd year old book to go back to his homeland or at least close to it.)
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 04:28:05 PM »
I doubt that the powers that be are paying too much attention to ANYTHING posted on this forum.  They would eventually die of boredom waiting for a new post some days!  Your name is on that list just below mine, I suspect.....I got put on the list when I called Eric Holder the largest member of the weasel family. 8)  :cheers:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »
So you got on a list for telling the truth?  That is great.   :thumbsup:
(Mark Twain)

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 07:18:43 PM »
There is a lot of anglo germatic celto-indo- european mythos wrapped up in JRRT. Any counter-signal against it, has a certain, or should have attached to it a ....a , eh certain level of racism... For the sake of argument: let's say you really like a cultish religion borne from a a desert people. Does it really profit you when your ancestors were born in deep forests of ancient trees of snow and ice, with brief summers?

I don't. Where I live now there are thickets, fence rows,. There is savanna and plains. It is racisist to be anti- Tolkien ; why wouldn't it be? Because some autistic dude makes a video? Read the books, grow a long bearsd, wear a cowboy hat- its all much the same

Did I not read what was first said: gosh; I wonder
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 07:28:00 PM »
I doubt that the powers that be are paying too much attention to ANYTHING posted on this forum.  They would eventually die of boredom waiting for a new post some days!  Your name is on that list just below mine, I suspect.....I got put on the list when I called Eric Holder the largest member of the weasel family. 8)  :cheers:

You're my dissident.  How do you think I get away with my unruly behavior? It is just another farse.I'm here to keep an eyes on your muzzleloading  ( I just go along at this stage. I'm sure there is some connation I don't getwhen I say that ; muzzleloader)
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 06:18:45 AM »

Pretty accusatory of you, Moe.....what if Yashihiz is just a poor, homeless Hobbit legitimately looking to improve his lot in life? :shrug:

I have little compassion for homeless Hobbits,  they have other options,  that's what Face Book is for.

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 06:28:27 AM »

You're my dissident.  How do you think I get away with my unruly behavior? It is just another farse.I'm here to keep an eyes on your muzzleloading  ( I just go along at this stage. I'm sure there is some connation I don't getwhen I say that ; muzzleloader)

Hey Unk, you're wandering again.

BTW, I never considered you unruly,  confusing a little at times, but otherwise pretty civil.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »

I have little compassion for homeless Hobbits,  they have other options,  that's what Face Book is for.
Since I refuse to succumb to joining Facebook, I fear that I shall never again hear from my new friend, Yashihiz. :-\

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »
No loss there Wolfy, it was probably gathering data so telemarketers could nag you about car warranties, credit card debt repair, and a host of other things you don't need or didn't have a problem with in the first place.

I, for one, am wondering why the do not call list is so damned ineffective at stopping the lowest form of scum except for some members of congress we have in this country.
(Mark Twain)