Author Topic: I do as well...  (Read 116 times)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
I do as well...
« on: January 09, 2019, 01:09:13 PM »
The guy has a perfect life in my opinion. Amazing little homestead. Simple, peaceful, and natural. I have always liked small places as well. I too built forts and little hidy holes to sleep in as a kid.
It is a 30 minute video but so very well spent. A sauna, shower, and riverside dock= heaven. I hope to retire similarly to this man.(hobo)

pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.

Offline imnukensc

• Water Stone
Re: I do as well...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 02:23:17 PM »
Nope.
The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons, and morons.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 03:24:27 PM »
I like the property from a location and terrain standpoint. The river running through it is a big plus.  His lifestyle isn't one for me but there are a few aspects of his buildings that are kind of appealing.  I like the way they are built into the hillside but would prefer one building and that it be built with normal ceiling heights, normal sized doors, and in one large space as opposed to scattered about.  It also would have to have a better water and sewage system.  I do like the stream side sauna.  His choice of materials for what passes as a patio in the front of one of the structures is also good.

If one is inclined towards a very simple lifestyle this place would certainly work, at least until the property owner decides not to lease it to him. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline xj35s

• Water Stone
  • If I go missing, carladerby at gmail for info.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:41:15 AM »
He might have a screw loose. Took downsizing a little too serious. I kind of like the out house setup. Funny the outhouse and the shop are full height.

I couldn't be crawling around like that. It wouldn't take much to go 3 more feet high.
pessimist complain about the wind. optimist expect the wind to change. realist adjusts the sails.