Author Topic: Tent Question  (Read 307 times)

Offline UncleTimbo

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
Tent Question
« on: January 23, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »
Hey guys, Uncle Timbo here and I've got a burning, tearing question. I'm kinda looking for a 2 person tent. Which I figured I go with a 3 person so I had some extra room.
I'm looking for one that'll take a small wood stove with an exhaust. But one that won't break the bank.
Anybody have any ideas?

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Tent Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 09:33:14 PM »
If you want a wood stove you need a fair sized tent.  Canvas is the best and you would be better off to look for a used one if you are going to try to keep the price down.  There are some pretty interesting options like the lavvu tents that a stove will work in but my only experience is with traditional canvas wall tents that are big enough to live in.

I like the looks of this one but have no experience with it nor have I ever seen one in person:

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/products/megahorn-tipi-tent-wood-stove-jack

You will need to look at what is available and on line retailers like Amazon can give you some good ideas of both types and prices that are out there.  The link below is just a list of tents they have and a lot of them have jacks in them for a stove. 

https://www.amazon.com/wall-tent-stove-jack/s?page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awall%20tent%20with%20stove%20jack

Good luck with your search.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »
I agree 100% with Stan...Nylon fabric and wood stoves don't go well together...but for $300 and change you might give that Megahorn Tipi a closer look :shrug:...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Unknown

• Water Stone
  • Alcholocost of Gibber-jabber
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 06:10:03 PM »
Been looking for a Lavvu too. But before we get too far> what size stove? And what's the rest of the story. Wife and kid with cocoa or Wilderness hunting trek or...?
...don't go thinking you know me.
                                                  -Unknown

Offline UncleTimbo

• Mousepad and Sandpaper
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 09:40:06 PM »
Been looking for a Lavvu too. But before we get too far> what size stove? And what's the rest of the story. Wife and kid with cocoa or Wilderness hunting trek or...?
Real good question. It would be me and a buddy. Wouldn't catch the wife out there for all the $$$ in the world. Stove would be homemade.
The Megahorn looks pretty sweet
. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:45:12 PM by UncleTimbo »