Author Topic: You Tube embedding tests  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
  • "I have an opinion about that...."
You Tube embedding tests
« on: January 23, 2019, 08:23:58 PM »
I used to be able to post my YT videos here. Now they don't seem to want to embed in a post. All I can do is use the URL brackets and link.  Any idea what's changed?

Test:

Okay...YT Studio has changed, and I just needed to relearn it.  BTW, the Waxwings haven't returned to my ash tree like that in 2 years.
Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Try spending 30 seconds in my head. That will freak you right out!!

Offline woodsorrel

• Whetstone +
    • NatureOutside
Re: You Tube embedding tests
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 09:43:59 PM »
We get migrating Cedar Waxwings here.  They're always thrilling to see.

- Woodsorrel
The best backpacks are named for national parks or mountain ranges. Steer clear of those named for landfills.
Bushcraft tips and tricks:  www.NatureOutside.c om

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
  • "You want a toe? I can get you a toe." -Sobchak
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »
 On the iPad, I just tap on the swooshy arrow (copy link) in YouTube, come back here, touch the message screen to 'paste' and it works for me. :shrug:
The only chance you got at a education is listenin' to me talk!
Augustus McCrae.....Texas Ranger      Lonesome Dove, TX

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 12:24:52 AM »
On the iPad, I just tap on the swooshy arrow (copy link) in YouTube, come back here, touch the message screen to 'paste' and it works for me. :shrug:
It works differently when you are sharing your own videos. There ain't no "swishy arrow". You have to do it from your gallery. At least that's the only way I've found.
Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Try spending 30 seconds in my head. That will freak you right out!!

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
Try a search on YouTube for the video that you want to show....and post it from there.  I've seen the video that you are trying to post, so I KNOW it's there. :coffee:

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »
Try a search on YouTube for the video that you want to show....and post it from there.  I've seen the video that you are trying to post, so I KNOW it's there. :coffee:
Yes..BUT...my account is set to Private which means it's non-discoverable with a search. You need the exact URL for the video. You've seen the vids before because the only reason I have a YT account is so I could share videos HERE. I don't post them anywhere else, and never have.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »
Oh.....OK.       You must be a pretty secretive kind of guy, Ol'P. :tent:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 01:31:50 PM »
Well think about this....... Never saw a photo of either one of you on this forum.  Secretive?  Yes. 

OP is a bit more under the radar as he keeps where he lives a secret too, you don't.

Nothing wrong with that but it fouls up sharing videos I guess.   :-\
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »
I recall getting a glimpse or two of Ol'P when his daughter was running the video camera for him in one of his videos, but you're right........MY breathtakingly handsome visage does not appear anywhere on the inter-webs, that I am aware of.  If memory serves, Ol'P was asked NOT to appear in the public eye ever again, after releasing that video of himself tying the slipped-buntline & cinch knot in those very striking, plaid pants! :lol:

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 04:59:24 PM »
I recall getting a glimpse or two of Ol'P when his daughter was running the video camera for him in one of his videos, but you're right........MY breathtakingly handsome visage does not appear anywhere on the inter-webs, that I am aware of.  If memory serves, Ol'P was asked NOT to appear in the public eye ever again, after releasing that video of himself tying the slipped-buntline & cinch knot in those very striking, plaid pants! :lol:
You are never going to give that a rest, are you?! You still didn't seen my face in that or any others I'm aware of. 
For any who care, 21+ years in a Correctional Institution makes one more sensitive to anonymity than even most LEOs.

Offline wolfy

• Supporting Member
  • Belt Grinder
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 05:30:11 PM »
Don't worry, Ol'P.  It was just a quick, partial, side-of-the-head view.  Not nearly enough for me to pick you out of a police lineup. :coffee:

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 07:52:13 PM »
I knew you were in law enforcement or corrections from something you said a long time back and it would make sense to me not to post your face anywhere. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 12:14:22 AM »
I knew you were in law enforcement or corrections from something you said a long time back and it would make sense to me not to post your face anywhere.
I've been out of the business for 19 years, but old habits die hard. LOL.  Maybe it has more to do with my military service.

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »
Proving the existence of Ol P has become a bit of an obsession with me.
I recently read a report of Ol P being sighted up around the hills of Lincoln Montana :coffee:...though at present i am unable to verify this information :P

However, sightings such as these (though rare) are enough to keep me going in hopes of someday realizing my dream of actually seeing an Ol P with my own eyes...it has been a lonely quest, but in the end i am confident that i will be successful...my wife is concerned for my safety and mental well being :crazy:...but hey...its what i do... 8)...stay tuned for future updates!  :tent:...woods
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:52:07 AM by woodsrunner »
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Old Philosopher

• Belt Grinder
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 08:27:56 AM »
Proving the existence of Ol P has become a bit of an obsession with me.
I recently read a report of Ol P being sighted up around the hills of Lincoln Montana :coffee:...though at present i am unable to verify this information :P

However, sightings such as these (though rare) are enough to keep me going in hopes of someday realizing my dream of actually seeing an Ol P with my own eyes...it has been a lonely quest, but in the end i am confident that i will be successful...my wife is concerned for my safety and mental well being :crazy:...but hey...its what i do... 8)...stay tuned for future updates!  :tent:...woods
Hahaha!  Looks like my OpSec is working. However, if you were an eagle, you'd be 175 miles off target, 260 miles by horse n' buggy, and don't know how far by canoe, but it would be an up-stream paddle most of the way.