Author Topic: Alpha Guardian recalls gun safes.  (Read 309 times)

Offline JeffG

• Mill File+
"Rise, Peter; kill and eat." Acts 10:13

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
Re: Alpha Guardian recalls gun safes.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I might know a fellow who has one of those.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Friction Fire Fellowship
  • Water Stone
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »
Thanks Jeff, i am familiar with this company and their products...can't say i'm surprised...woods
'At play in the fields of the Lord'
Save a Logger...Eat a Tree Hugger!

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 03:19:46 PM »

I have three of the Sentinel brand gun chests, I bought them from Walmart about 10 years ago on a after Christmas sale, they are painted green with gold pin striping, they have key locks that activate a set of locking bars, I haven't had any problems with them ever.
 The safes in question are one specific model painted black, Not that it's a great company, I don't know, but I do know that good companies who make quality stuff sometimes come out with lemons, remember the Edsel and the Vega, enough said.
 On the other hand, Dick's and Walmart don't always carry high grade goods, I guess the old saying about letting the buyer beware rings true.   
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:23:33 PM »
Well they are standing behind them Moe.  (Guess they don't think standing in front of them is safe.) 

By the way, I had a Vega once.  The difference between the Vega and a bucket of was the bucket. 
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns  something he can learn in no other way. 
(Mark Twain)

Offline Moe M.

• Diamond Stone
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 04:46:31 AM »
Well they are standing behind them Moe.  (Guess they don't think standing in front of them is safe.) 

By the way, I had a Vega once.  The difference between the Vega and a bucket of was the bucket.

LOL, I remember one I bought for daughter number two, at the time I thought they were pretty sporty looking little cars,  I think she had it for close to a year, but it had more issues than a seven figure divorce,  once when I was between pickups and needed temporary wheels quick I bought myself a well used Pinto wagon, a four cylinder, four speed manual tranny on the floor, it was a god awful bronze color and had some body rot starting along the bottom of the body panels, but I needed transportation quick and it was only $500.00 bucks with a new set of tires thrown in.
 That little car wasn't much to look at, my oldest daughter would make me let her out of the car in back of the high school so none of her friends would see her riding in it when ever I'd drive her to school or pick her up, but it never quit on me and was actually fun to drive, I bought a truck in the fall of that year but kept that little Pinto wagon for another eight or so years,  I ended up selling it for $250.00 dollars and those folks got another couple of years out of it,  I've owned a lot of nice cars and trucks in my time, but that old four banger Pinto owns a special place in my memories.   
In youth we learn,   with age we understand.

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »
I ran around with a guy who owned a Pinto station wagon.  I thought it was a great looking vehicle and kind of wanted one.  After being in it a few times it came to me how slow it was compared to the VW 412 wagon we were driving.  The 412 was a rocket ship, reliable, and very nearly the best traveling vehicle we ever owned.  Never got that Pinto.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:12:04 PM by wsdstan »
(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 12:36:41 PM »
with perhaps 45 years in the safe and vault industry, i'm pretty good at spotting a security risk, aka Lemon  8)...many in the Stack On Line fall into that category...i can't go into details...otherwise i'd have to kill all of you :duel: :P...i swore an oath... nooo, not to kill all of you ???...but rather not to divulge sensitive information that could potentially compromise the security of a client :soap: ...back in the day when a mans word was his Bond O:-)
reckon you'll have to just take my word for this :coffee:...woods

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 05:10:56 PM »
I believe everything you say Woods.   :doh:  I don't know who made my safe, it says Browning on it but they never made anything in the entire corporate life.
(Mark Twain)

Offline Spyder1958

• Water Stone
  • Kracaneuner Tribe
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »
I hear ya Woods.
Made in Mexico and sold by Dicks. About All I needed to know.
You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequences of your choice.
Zig Ziglar

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »
Stan :)
Browning Gun Safes are very well built, with either an S&G 6700 Mechanical lock or 6120 Electronic lock, Quality hardplate and multible locking bolts, with a punch proof plate behind the lock, armed with both internal and external relocking devices.
If the handle turns counter clockwise then you have an earlier model, if the handle opens by turning clockwise you have
a bit later model with heavier boltwork...either way they are well made safes...there are several Brownings in Yellowstone used by Law Enforcement...atb :thumbsup:...woods 

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 05:24:00 PM »
I hear ya Woods.
Made in Mexico and sold by Dicks. About All I needed to know.
Right you are Spyderman my friend!!!!... :lol:...woods

Offline wsdstan

• Supporting Member
  • Diamond Stone
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 05:31:29 PM »
Thanks Woods.  I looked them up and see that current safes are made by Pro-Steel.  Browning is the exclusive distributor for Pro-Steel.  All US made which is a good thing.

Mine is about thirty years old and the mechanical lock handle turns counter-clockwise.  It was made by Pro-Steel.  It says that on the safe but I thought it might be a model.

(Mark Twain)

Offline woodsrunner

• Water Stone
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »
Right on!...you got a good one alright ;)...woods

Offline Sarge

• Supporting Member
  • Water Stone
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 06:21:40 AM »
LOLOLOL
"The man with the knapsack is never lost." Horace Kephart (1862-1931)